Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

More pics and a full review once I've worked a little more of it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks lovely!

My XF was Ultimate Black - it looked like a mirror when clean :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks great HaloJones.

Must admit was not keen on the chrome a bit too Ford Cortina Ghia but the few images I've now seen on real cars I now think it looks pretty good, especially with the black.

·
Registered
505 Posts
As I look enviously at all these brand new motors on display, I wonder why it is that virtually all car dealers showrooms look exactly the same ?? Same shiny tiled floor, same uncomfortable chairs, etc. One of life's little mysteries, I suppose.....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tobes said:
Looks great HaloJones.

Must admit was not keen on the chrome a bit too Ford Cortina Ghia but the few images I've now seen on real cars I now think it looks pretty good, especially with the black.
For a black car it needs the extra definition the chrome gives I think. With other colours the black pack works but if you marry the black pack with a black car it looks a little like a pimp mobile :))

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
tobes said:
Looks great HaloJones.

For a black car it needs the extra definition the chrome gives I think. With other colours the black pack works but if you marry the black pack with a black car it looks a little like a pimp mobile :))
My last 3 cars have been dechromed black pimp mobiles lol

Fed up of cleaning though so gone ammonite with black. But after seeing your car and a few others here chrome may well feature on a future car of mine.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just went for a quick spin along the A20 to the M25 and back. In Dynamic mode, it is an absolute beast hitting 90 halfway down the ramp from the roundabout back onto the A20. In Eco mode, it definitely suits the long-distance driving but a little slow to accelerate if you wanted to overtake in a hurry. Normal is I expect where I will keep it most of the time.

Didn't dare try Sport yet!

·
Registered
204 Posts
tobes said:
Nothing wrong with chrome on a Jag! Suits certain colours better than others though

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
Just went for a quick spin along the A20 to the M25 and back. In Dynamic mode, it is an absolute beast hitting 90 halfway down the ramp from the roundabout back onto the A20. In Eco mode, it definitely suits the long-distance driving but a little slow to accelerate if you wanted to overtake in a hurry. Normal is I expect where I will keep it most of the time.

Didn't dare try Sport yet!
That's a crappy ramp unless it's been sorted. Moved West a few years ago.

You sound just like me the night I collected my current car pulling onto M20 on the uphill slip road from Wrotham. Numbers were way north of 90 but car wasn't brand new.

I wondered if it would change modes automatically if pushed? Not had selectable modes before but normal or sports on auto gearbox. If in normal and you floor it the car does kick down as if in sports mode then reverts back once you lifted off again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great looking car, a stealthy cat :-bd :-bd

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One small annoyance is that my full size golf cart bag with a standard length driver struggles to fit in the boot. It will go but takes careful positioning and bending the driver head cover a touch. Once in and with its crappy pull trolley, the boot is completely full.

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
One small annoyance is that my full size golf cart bag with a standard length driver struggles to fit in the boot. It will go but takes careful positioning and bending the driver head cover a touch. Once in and with its crappy pull trolley, the boot is completely full.
Split fold would be my only suggestion instead of bending a club. I used to use ski hatch when I had a 3 series so I could put trollies either side of golf bags.

Cray valley/ruxley?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't get the split fold seats. I think the answer is to try tomorrow without the driver in the bag and put it in separately. I have a 3 wood length driver but I don't get on with it.

Cray Valley if I'm on my own midweek but otherwise it just takes an age. Ruxley is too quirky. I like Pedham Place better. Do you still live round there?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Used to live in Greenwich and sidcup learnt to play at ruxley and barnhurst. Moved to twickenham 3 years ago.

Driver diagonally across boot should do it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
HaloJones said:

More pics and a full review once I've worked a little more of it out.
For some reason, I can't see the pictures. But well done on getting your car, it's nice to hear people enjoying them while I wait for mine.

PS. Nice username :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chrome is an interesting one. I've gone chromed everything.. Thinking that all black ie black pack or all chrome, so chrome grill and chrome window surrounds. All or nothing for me.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went for a spin into Kent to the Three Chimneys pub to take some pics with it and found this in the car park

So this felt a little inadequate

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SXTony said:
For some reason, I can't see the pictures. But well done on getting your car, it's nice to hear people enjoying them while I wait for mine.

PS. Nice username :)
My bad, playing with Photobucket and deleted the pics :ymblushing:

Username is of course the greatest comic character of all time B-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts