Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice! very jealous..... I've got another two months before mine turns up......

·
Registered
505 Posts
Totti,

Smart looking motor - which white did you choose - I struggled to tell the Polar White and Glacier White apart, even on close inspection so I put the £620 towards the blind spot thingy - I hope that will save my neck from having to do the "over the shoulder" check every time I change lane - I certainly found it useful on the test drive.

Also, when did you order it ? I'm getting worried about all these reports of arbitrary delays in delivery that are being reported. I can't see it being due to Jag concentrating on one model at the expense of a different on as every other car on the XF track seemed to be different model when I went round Castle Bromwich a few weeks ago. Toyota are the same where the Hybrid and non-Hybrid Auris's seem to be well mixed on the track. This "just-in-time" game seems to make the tracks very flexible - unless, of course, some specific component is in short supply.

Ian

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Placed the official order in March but was on a pre-order understanding with the dealer back in January while we waited for a showroom model to arrive at the dealer. Once that arrived and we had a look we placed the orders next day. My work colleague ordered the same model but in Odyssey Red with split seats. Was given a delivery date of 3rd July but it arrived a week early. Viewed a Glacier white and to be honest Polar White is just as nice.

·
Registered
664 Posts
nice but....

....whats the little red square over the front wheel arch? have you sratched it already?!?! :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to view it as soon as it came into the dealers prior to them valeting it before delivery so it had all its delivery stickers on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have also ordered the Polaris white, initially on the 163 manual but then changed to the 180 auto as I liked the auto box on my old XF.
There seems to be several owners who have had the free upgrade to the electric seats, mine is not due till the end of September so can't see the freebies lasting that long !
I have opted for the prestige with the split folding seats,a lesson I learnt from not choosing that option on my XF although it's so annoying having to pay for something that bog standard cars have for free. I also chose the parking pack, again as the rear camera I found very useful but opted against the self park function on the basis that If the space is that tight that if I I can't park it myself then that space is too small to avoid potential damage.
I have read a few reviews that say the XE interior is not as classy as the Merc or BMW but on a personal basis I will concede a perceived inferiority for the benefits of supporting thousands of British jobs.
Enjoy your new car but please spare a thought for those of us still waiting not so patiently.!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Peterg said:
Enjoy your new car but please spare a thought for those of us still waiting not so patiently.!
hear hear! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :p

I am on the site daily at the moment, drooling over deliveries and generally picking up useful info....but I don't think I can sustain this level of activiaty until my November delivery date :( :(

·
Registered
505 Posts
Peterg,

I know what you mean about living on this site.. it's becoming addictive. Try downloading the manual - it'll take your mind off the car, although it does tend to drive you crazy trying to imagine you are sitting in your hypothetical car and fiddling with the settings.

About the self parking thing - we have had it on 2 Prius's and haven't used it once in about 7 or 8 years. The dealer demonstrated it on the first car and I noticed that even he parked in a bay with no cars within 50 feet. I share your worries ! And, as the manual says in large letters, you are in control of the vehicle... The rear view camera is good though - when a young lady backed out of the bay next to the one I was backing into, I saw the front nearside wing of her car quite clearly as it clouted the rear valance on our car.

I do like the idea of adaptive cruise control, blind spot warnings, and all the other safety features - particularly the speed limit sign repeater. Oh, and the spare wheel for reasons stated elsewhere in the forum.

Ian

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope your cars arrive soon - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The cornering is fantastic. I've been putting her through a few tight corners and the car handles like it's on rails.

Also been very impressed with the media/navigation center - easy to use and haven't had to refer to the manual all that much and the Meridian upgrade was well worth it. No CD player which surprised me as I just kind of took it for granted that it would have one but times change and now have my Ipod connected so all is well with the world. The DAB Radio has been as clear as a bell and Absolute 80's (showing my age) has been blaring away without interference.

Will keep you all updated as I go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Totti,

Simply...nice.

you know a car design is really on the money when every derivative you see, colour, style & wheel choice looks good.

As to the comments about the interior I haven't seen enough of the XE to comment but I did cancel my C300 order last minute to order an XE. I am a massive fan of German engineering but I love the thought of owning a great car built in the UK.

The C class has a great look (though I never did like the stuck on iPad screen or man made leather seats). I also think BMW could have made a serious mistake in the lack of an interior update ( or any real update...) on the "new" 3 series.

I'm sold and I won't likely have mine until Christmas. But guess what I think it might just be worth the wait.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just popped into my Jaguar dealer to have the front number plate replaced as the original didn't turn out too well as someone had used black marker pen to fill in some lettering that didn't stick. All done and now looks perfect. It's the little things that can let the look of a car down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.