Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, went to a dealer with a friend to look at a XF R black which was beautiful in Italian racing red with those 20" rims. He says to me your car us up for renewal have a look. As I said a beautiful car but to rich for me. Sales guy comes over and says have you seen the XE. I say no, not knowing what he is talking about he takes me out the back and shows me one. I sit in it and fall in love :D I go home and check out the car on the web and on my lease company site and the next day I order one :D 3days later on my 50th birthday the car is ordered from Jaguar. Now I can't wait. Ordered on the 22nd May ETA is the 30 Sept :( Hope it comes early.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome Motohornet, which model did you decide to order?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Harry thanks, I have gone for an
XE R Sport 180ps Manual | Italian Racing Red| Jet/Red Interior | 19" Venom 5 Twin Spoke Black |Black Pack | Parking Pack

It's more or less what I saw on the XF R Black in the show room. Looked really nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great choice and combination. Just so many different options to individualise the XE.

I also saw the XF RSport in that package in the showroom when I went to the XE preview at Stratstone and loved it. The gloss black set against the red is awesome and has a certain look about it. The 20" wheels on the XF really set it off.

That same combination (although 19" venoms on the XE) should look cool.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Harry and Pickle77 the look was definitely awesome and must have struck a cord with me. Never thought I would get a Jaguar. Strange thing is I have never been to a Jaguar dealer in my life. Always liked them but didn't cross my mind to look. The other great thing about the XE is it is different which is what I like. Never owned a BMW or Mercedes, just not my cup of tea and as Pickle77 mentions the XE has bags of charisma going on. I have never had a car do that to me before. Can't wait to see what she will look like. Something else I have never done before is get a car without a test drive. I have a good feeling about her :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you going to have a test drive Moto, or tease/torture yourself by waiting until you get your own car?
I'm sure you'll love the drive, but some people like to delay their pleasure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Pickle77, no test drive planned. Going to wait for the car to go and play. I have been to some dealers to sit in the car and take it all in just to keep me going. Sad I know :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yep, be nice to have something a little different to the majority of exec cars on the road and the Mercs, Bmws and Audis. Nothing against any of those, all very good cars and were in consideration, but just see so many now as so popular.

That's obviously good for the German brands, but I'd prefer to have something a little different to the masses, that and the fact I think the XE is far more visually attractive that any of those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.