Panoramic sunroof
Teinted windows
Latte seats
Jet roof interior
Business pack
Winter pack
Chrome grill
Extra set wheels (5 star)

At the moment I'm driving a Merc C Coupe and looking forward to my new XE... (april/may/june?).... My first and last British car was the Rover 618i...

Cheers,
Marc.

·
Administrator
312 Posts
Welcome to the forums Marc, some good reviews out today so you shouldn't be disappointed. You spec looks good too, roll on summer!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two weeks ago my dealer informed me that a chassis number was assigned to me... Today JLR started the XE production, so my keys cannot be too far away..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Status update

Planned build date: week ending at April 24th
Actual build date: May 6th
Expected delivery from dealer: May 29th

·
Registered
425 Posts
Marc, wow, not long to wait now. Will you be pleased to replace your Merc?
Please excuse my curiosity, but we don't have the Business Pack in the UK and I wondered what that option offers? I also noticed that you have ordered an extra set of wheels (5 star). Will these be used for winter tyres?
If we ordered them in the UK they are likely to cost us between £1200 & £1500 for the set plus the cost of 4 tyres to suit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still like my Merc.... but am eager to switch to Jag :)

The Business pack contains the Sav Nat, Voice control, Automatic headlights, sensor for rain wipers and park distance control (rear)... all kind of features which are standard in most other countries. Just to keep the base price lower.

I've changed my extra set of wheels to the 19" Venom Silver a while ago. The car will be delivered default on 17" with winter tyres. The Venoms will be my summer wheels. A complete set of wheels including tyres was 3.500 Euro's, quite I added them as a accessory because of the Dutch tax system, saves me approx 100,- euro net Tax per month

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes I can understand your frustration with the Dutch tax system, most taxes appear to be quite high compared to UK taxes. I suppose tho' this is offset to some extent because generally, aren't Dutch salaries higher than those in the UK?
Would I be correct in believing that 'purchase' tax on new cars is in the region of 45%?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dutch tax for a 180 ps diesel auto Prestige

On purchase: 5.844,- Euro Environment Tax + 7.059,- Euro VAT

Ownership Tax: 403,- Euro per month billed as tax on income

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes I see where your coming from, a definite disincentive to purchase a new car!
In comparison I'm only paying something like 10.500,-Euro in total (excluding extras) for an XE S.
Is the Ownership tax (per month) for a purchase or a company car?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XES Owner said:
Is the Ownership tax (per month) for a purchase or a company car?
It's a company car. Our tax systems thinks that driving a company car is a kind of income and add a amount of 7%, 14%, 20% or 25% of the buying price to your annual income.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice one!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jaguar NL called this afternoon... delivery is definitely around June 18th...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wish people wouldn't keep posting XEs on this forum in various colours ! I keep thinking 'have I made the right choice' ?

Marc it really looks GOOD.

Love those wheels. The configurator doesn't show them in their full glory.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE 06/08

JLR's TOPIx is now only showing future service intervals (6 for the coming years) in the Outstanding Campaigns section for my vehicle. The message "XE Hold vehicle" has disappeared... delivery is on the way!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Marc said:
Just saw my exact config on the Internet (okay, without the advertising)
View attachment 258
That's the colour Ive ordered too. Actually wanted Storm grey but my company wouldn't pay the extra.

Saw one at the weekend in Ammonite and it's rather nice :eek:)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts