Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you can see the first photo (albeit an X-Ray) of what the Jaguar XE's dashboard and interior will look like. The dashboard appears to be influenced by both the F-Type (dual binnacle instrument cluster) and the XJ (center console under the air vents) though, Jaguar did not talk about the design.

White Hood Light Blue Azure

Instead, it placed the emphasis on the car's technology features - designed and developed from scratch, InControl is based around an 8-inch touchscreen interface, and includes full smartphone integration for both iOS and Android units, specially designed apps, and the ability to function as a Wifi hotspot for multiple devices.

Another new feature is the InControl Remote, which allows users to connect to the car remotely and pre-set the heating/cooling system, locate the car in a car park, unlock the car, or even start the engine.

Font Technology Electric blue Screenshot Electronic device

The InControl system also functions as a tracking device, displaying the vehicle's location should it be stolen.

An industry first for the XE is laser projection for the head-up display, which shows speed and navigation information. "Projecting sharp, high-contrast colour images onto the windscreen, the technology provides the driver with information such as speed and navigation instructions with maximum clarity and minimum distraction. As well as better image quality, the laser HUD is smaller and almost a third lighter than existing systems," said Jaguar in a statement.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow there is a lot more tech in the Jaguar XE than what I was expecting, the headup display looks interesting. I only hope that the entertainment system works flawlessly with my iphone (I've had bad experiences in other cars with their iphone integration before.)

I see what they mean about the Jaguar XE being a game changer now. Exciting times :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.