Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm an XF Sport owner moving to the XE. I have loved my XF despite having several manufacturing niggles (two serious, others minor). I am also a member of the Jaginfo.org forum, so I hope I am welcome here too.

I have a build slot being held (£1,000 deposit paid last October), but yet to confirm my exact spec. I am looking at the following:

XE S 3.0 V6
Blue Fire
Black Pack
Panoramic Pack
Parking Pack (sensors and rear-view camera only)
19" Venom - Black
Heated Front Windscreen
Power folding Mirrors
WiFi Hotspot

According to the configurator, the keyless entry is a chargeable option, but the brochure says standard. Does anyone know which is correct?

Any comments/suggestions on the above are welcome :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that Smartkey is standard, but this is purely for the push button start. Keyless entry is £500 extra as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi XEJAG,

When you say as far as you can tell, is that just from the configurator? Keyless start is definitely standard on all models but according to the brochure, keyless entry is standard for the XE S.

The version of the brochure I have is JLM/10/02/03/1014 from October 2014 (on page 47) and I don't know if it has been updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mmm, see what you mean.
If it's the same system as the XF then photos of the S would show the small square pads on the door handles, but all the pics I can find show just a body coloured handle.
I think only a dealer or Jaguar can confirm this point - personally I'd assume it's not standard and spec it in to be safe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or not spec it if you think £500 is a bit much for the laziness of not pressing a button! ;-)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have indeed! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts