Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after many weeks of reading various posts, I decided to sign up and say hello.
I test drove an XE R SPORT and loved it. So I've ordered one. The spec is :
Italian Racing Red
R Sport
Black Pack
19" Venom Wheels
Privacy Glass
Keyless Entry
Jet/Red leather
I've never been so excited for a car to arrive. I read almost ever post but I want to see more pictures uploaded. I'll be uploading a few when it arrives.... In 3 months time.....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice one mate.

It's the waiting that's the hardest part. That and seeing the pictures that people post of their cars as they trickle through the system.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
The waiting is killing me it's only been on order 2 weeks.
I've seen a few on the road they look fantastic.
So jealous.
Have you already received yours?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi Rich
Welcome

Nice choice and options, Im jealous as I couldn't add any. Mines due in a month(ish)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rich 91 said:
Thanks!
The waiting is killing me it's only been on order 2 weeks.
I've seen a few on the road they look fantastic.
So jealous.
Have you already received yours?
No not yet. I was told yesterday that it's been delayed a month :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to here that Tony, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I've never had a jaguar, the XF interested me but not enough to get one. As soon as the XE came out I knew I had to have one.
Hi tobes thanks I've taken a risk with 19" wheels (ruining the ride) but I Love the venom wheels. One month to go? I wouldn't even be sleeping. Have you go petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi rich 180 diesel for me. Huge step down in power compared to my current diesel but I'm sure it will be fine

I'm actually running on 19" rims now with 275/30 on and they are not bad at all.

I read the XE was designed on 18/19 and that's where the ride comfort level was set so I think you will be fine with your choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Rich 91, you won't regret choosing the Venom 19" wheels as i had a very long test drive in the R Sport 180 Auto fitted with them and the ride was absolutely brilliant. its nothing like the hard and noisy ride i used to get in my BMW M Sport fitted with 19" wheels. I think the superb suspension might also be something to do with the ride being so good.
Enjoy when your car arrives !! I get mine next week :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feed back lads. Put my mind st ease about the wheels.
You was thinking the same as me. I've driven m sport bmws with 19s on and they've been dreadful. But that might have been due to the run flats.
As soon as you get them be sure to upload some pictures please!
This will be the longest three months of my life.... But I'm sure worth the wait.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Rich 91 said:
Thanks for the feed back lads. Put my mind st ease about the wheels.
You was thinking the same as me. I've driven m sport bmws with 19s on and they've been dreadful. But that might have been due to the run flats.
As soon as you get them be sure to upload some pictures please!
This will be the longest three months of my life.... But I'm sure worth the wait.
Mine is a bmw m sport and was fine after ditching run flats. Which do run flat btw.

On ride I think everyone has their own view. I prefer firm over soft. Only car that was to firm for my taste was a p1 scooby.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it must have been the run flats then. They seemed to have no give at all.
I agree I prefer a firm ride than soft that's why I opted for the R sport with the stiffer suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts