Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been looking at the posts as a guest for a while now and finally decided to become a member now I have finally decided to buy an XES :)

I test drove 1 on Saturday and it was just as good as I had expected, if not better.

At the moment I have a Volvo XC60 AWD R Design which is a very nice, reliable car, well built, economical, comfortable but just not very exciting and not a car I really enjoy driving. In 18 months I have only done 9,000 miles so I don't really need a diesel.

It won't be the 1st Jaguar I've had as previously I had an XFS, XFR and an XKR, all of which were great cars and I only really moved to Volvo as the XKR really wasn't practical as occasionally I do need space in the back. Also, I had been put off slightly by the dealers in my area, I had bad experience with both of the local dealers when it came to servicing, repairs and I really couldn't be bothered constantly having to fight to get work covered under the warranty but that's another story.
As luck would have it, the salesman who sold me the Volvo has now moved to their Jaguar franchise so this has given me the confidence to try Jaguar again, he has even admitted that it is likely I will have to wait 5-6 months for delivery which I know will feel like an eternity but I've accepted that.

Anyway, the car I have specced is the XES in Bluefire, 20" wheels, Oyster/Black interior, sunroof, cold climate pack, lighting pack, advanced parking assistance pack (for the wife :D ) black pack plus, carbon fibre interior inlays, HUD.
I'm really enjoying looking at the pictures of everyone's car and will try and help anyone with the limited experience I have. David

·
Registered
799 Posts
Welcome David.

I'm new to Jag but one thing I did read up on was how well rated dealers were by Jag Owners. I've read a few things on here to the contrary however they may just be isolated cases.

Nice choice on car, unfortunately the XES didn't quite make the emissions on our company car list lol

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I wouldn't say that all were bad, over all the sales people have been ok. I had an issue with rust on the boot of my XFS, took it in and got a date to get it seen to which was about a 7 week wait, I also asked them to look into a rattle in the door which they said they would do. 7 weeks later when the rust had been sorted out they decided to charge me for the door rattle as the warranty had expired-it hadn't when the car was booked in! Jaguar customer services sorted it out but when I went to collect the car the keys were almost thrown at me! On my XKR I had the MOT warranty and I had a problem with the drivers door not staying closed in the cold weather-the catch was not catching and/or freezing due to water getting through the seals, once again not covered even though the door not staying closed was an MOT failure! The list goes on...
I think I am unlucky with my 2 local dealers as I have dealt with 2 others, Oxford and Leicester who are excellant, just not local to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts