·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all
Have just ordered an XE as a company car
Gone for the R Sport 163 in Ebony Black
Added the meridian system and a sunroof
Have to wait a few days for estimated delivery date but the lead time on the site suggested early October
Too long to wait!

·
Administrator
312 Posts
Welcome to the forums! October does seem far off, hopefully now production has started a more accurate time scale can be given.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been given a 5th October arrival at dealer then 7-10 days after that for delivery

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gosh, you must tell me your secret! Having placed a firm order on 3 March (Petrol SE, various options) my dealer (Grange of Exeter) today still can't give me a production or delivery date. What are Jaguar playing at? Very disillusioned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the dates given to me by Lex Autolease
I suspect they may change!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ref my previous posting (2 above), at last given (provisional) dates: build week ending 5 June, delivery to dealer 26 June. Vehicles available at dealers for test drives mid-May.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty quick
Mine was ordered last week and I have to wait til October

·
Registered
63 Posts
My order was placed seven weeks ago. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason behind Jaguar's production scheduling, or maybe the scheduling is ok but the passing on of information to dealers and customers isn't. It could be that my order beat the deadline for pre-orders, whereas yours didn't and is therefore behind some production scheduled for stock-building (that's only a suggestion not based on any actual knowledge). My dealer did emphasise that the dates could slip or (much less likely) creep earlier, I hope for your sake yours may do the latter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts