Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have bought my first Jag after a line of BMWs. My last car, an E92 M3, was stolen and I figured it was time to try something newer from a different make. I'm still getting used to the XE - it's not quite the visceral experience of the M3 but the XE feels much safer to drive. I do miss the 8.5k rev limit and induction noise of the V8 馃槂

Apart from folding rear seats, and maybe lumbar support and memory on the front seats, I'm happy with the spec I got. The InTouch Pro and virtual cockpit feels very modern. The software is a bit clunky but I can get used to it. The 825w sound system is decent and I like the alcantara feel of the suede cloth.

I gave it a quick clean yesterday, only for it to rain slightly today before I could get these photos! I don't have any plans for modifying the car at this stage.

Enjoying the forum so far!

Shaun
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Sky Grille Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Mirror Motor vehicle Steering part

Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
Nice looking kitty

you鈥檒l change the indicators soon I bet ;)

Registered
Shaun,
Welcome! Is your XE the P340 or the P380 V6? If there is not enough oomph for you, there are mods you can do but the V6 should be spirited fun. Enjoy your new ride. Your new colleagues in the Forum are here to help. By the way, I did notice your steering wheel is on the wrong side :)

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Seems you've bagged an excellent spec there, Shaun! Lovely car. Always appreciate a few pics. 馃槂
Lots of little things to tinker with, if you are of the inclination.

Reactions: ShaunC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments and feedback.

@First Jag-g-g, it is the 380. It definitely drives very well on slightly inconsistent road surfaces. Re RHD.. I think Jaguar also thought the same by leaving the bonnet release on the other side?! 馃ぃ

Registered
Very nice car that. So difficult to get all the options you really want, you could be waiting an eternity. I ended up being rather shallow and prioritised looks! Where did you buy yours from? I don鈥檛 think I鈥檝e seen it advertised and always keep an eye on the usual sites.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Ian0304 thanks, I got it from Stoneacre in Newcastle. I rang them up immediately when the ad appeared on Autotrader, discussed the condition/history of the car over the phone and bought the car without seeing it. I was on the look out for about 2 months before this one came along.

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
I'm not surprised you had to snap it up. Those examples are rare. Great find!
And no more coming, either, sadly.
XEs eat up inconsistent British roads so very well.

Reactions: ShaunC

Registered
very nice indeed, enjoy :)

Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
Nice car Shaun. Being an ex BMW owner you will not need the indicator change in the mirrors as very few BMW's around my neck of the woods don't have any fitted 馃ぃ(Joke). I think you will be thrilled with the car once you bond with it more and more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts