Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1331 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today i rang up my dealer to ask about part ex values etc and while i was on the phone i asked about any more info on delivery dates to which my dealer tried to avoid answering in the end they said some point in june. Rather annoyed at the lack of info i rang jaguar uk directly and asked what was going on when is my est delivery date.
About 30 mins later they rang back with not very good news the original date i was given which was 5th june to 15th june for delivery but now the build date is 28th june with delivery 17th july i asked why and he said the time schedules havent allowed them to get the cars out when they first expected again rather annoyed i asked is anyone going to get their car before that date explaining i had placed a deposit last aug and finalising in march to which he said no, nobody will be gettin their car before then unable to do anything about it i said ok thank you and that was the end.
Now knowing the dealer has not so much lied but blatently withheld information knowing its not good i wonder how many others are giving their customers false hope this may only be the case for the XES model also knowing there are hundreds sitting on car parks around jaguar makes me think they are exports i know this is a bit of a rant but it seems rushing down the dealer to get the deposit down in august hasnt made a blind bit of difference to when you get your car. I suggest everyone double checks the build and delivery dates with their dealers and even phone jaguar directly because it seems the dates have changed..... AGAIN!

·
Registered
37 Posts
That sounds frustrating Dale740. I placed an order in May and currently have an expected delivery date of September which is not too bad I suppose. I would be really annoyed if I put a deposit down for a car and was told delivery would be in 12 months time! Hope they sort out production quickly and start to deliver th first lot of cars soon!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few people on here had placed deposits last year expecting to be the first but they will be in the same delivery schedule as the people who ordered in march im guessing they wont be happy especially knowing how much some of the dealers have asked for as a deposit...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have ordered as a company car so luckily there was no need for a deposit. I guess with a new model and a brand new factory issues with initial production were inevitable. Jaguar has a lot riding on this car and many have stated it will be a make or break for JLR so hopefully they can resolve the issues....

·
Registered
125 Posts
I spoke to my dealership today and asked them about up to date delivery
1. The factory date 21st. August
2. Dealership pushing for start of July
3. The dealership will be up date by the end of the week by jaguar.
4. I think something between the two.
I think that the 21st. is the worsed case, but jaguar is trying bring forward and salesman wants the meet his July targets. I put the deposit down in March.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ordered mine in March company car.

Was originally told 28th July. Told this week its now mid July.

Not sure if this is correct or whether it helps that a large company purchased mine among countless others. But will wait and see.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ordered a Portfolio 240PS petrol on Friday 5 June, which has come up with a delivery date of 24 December. :(
Sales Exec had already warned me that they had re-specified several planned XE deliveries to petrol engines which had returned delivery date of December as against September/October for Diesels.
Pre-production reports suggested that Jaguar were expecting low demand for petrol engines v diesel: post production reports suggest high demand for petrol - looks like they may have been caught out and do not have sufficient engines in pipeline from Ford :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Placed for a 200 petrol in March; swapped it for a 240 petrol that was ordered for stock. Some dealers have stock cars (Sidcup, Kent) which might suit you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks @halojones. It is a planned delivery for stock that has been respecified, with result that delivery date moved to December. Dealer has 4 outlets in 60 mile radius and no options there I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sidcup has a Bluefire 200 r-sport with black/blue seats, parking pack, black pack, power-fold, [email protected] 15 spoke (beautiful!), black window surrounds, heated front seats, 10x10 adjustable coming in July.

And 22 others at various dates. You could do worse than to call...

(I'll work out how I get my commission from them later :) )

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks again HJ. Must confess that the thought of another two hours of negotiations with the usual tooing and froing between sales executive and sales director/business manager going round in circles deters me but I may well try it for leverage, albeit I do not want to compromise on spec. X(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congratulations. You've got to be the first to make such an announcement.

Surely it's worth you starting a new post - to shout from the Rooftops.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One thing I'm not too sure of is on my Vehicle Order Form, the 'Date of Reg' is 11/08/15, yet my delivery date is 31/08/15 - can anyone explain exactly what these two dates accumulate too?

Thanks,
Lee.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mel are you gazing out the window yet and clock watching?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Order brought forward twice and has now been pushed back due to parts shortage. Farce of a company!

08/06/2015 Prop Stock Change From 2015-07-10 to 2015-07-31-Factory delay (parts shortage)
03/06/2015 Prop Stock Change From 2015-07-15 to 2015-07-10
27/05/2015 Prop Stock Change Order progressed-no change to stock date
20/05/2015 Prop Stock Change From 2015-07-24 to 2015-07-15
13/05/2015 Prop Stock Change Order progressed-no change to stock date
06/05/2015 Prop Stock Change Order progressed-no change to stock date
29/04/2015 Prop Stock Change Order progressed-no change to stock date
24/04/2015 Prop Stock Change From 2015-06-10 to 2015-07-24-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
22/04/2015 Prop Stock Change Order progressed-no change to stock date

·
Registered
140 Posts
Very frustrating!

Where do you get the detailed order tracking from? TOPix? My dealer wont tell me anything. I ordered in April and still don't have a clear delivery date (sometime end of July, maybe August). Then again seeing the history maybe I can see why they are reluctant to say anything!

Ford has online tracking for customers (once you know VIN) so its easy to see for yourself. However, even in a company as large as Ford the history looked similar, whether it was delays in auto boxes, 19" alloys, pearl paint, and so on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a company car so the lease company (Lex) keeps a weekly track of the order. I ordered mine at the end of Oct last year.

Apparently there's a shortage of the Jet (Oyster stitching) black interiors.

1 - 20 of 1331 Posts