Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice review. Something stands out though for me having added the factory fit spare wheel. If the battery is in the spare wheel well where's my spare wheel going to go. I've added the boot load liner also and these come with two choices. One with and one without spare wheel. I really hope there isn't going to be a raised up part of the boot floor if the spare wheel now has to sit on top of the battery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Baikar
Good point! I've also ordered the spare wheel, as I can't abide the glue kits, and ordered folding seats to maximise load space, so dearly hope the boot floor is not raised.
Richard.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The boot floor to the front of the car does slope up to meet the seat backs. I think the spare wheel will be flush with the floor though. The difference in load liners I imagine will be that the spare wheel compatible liner will have a flexible or hinged part. This means you won't have to remove the entire liner into the street to get at the spare wheel.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Great review, probably the best images I have seen of the XE as they do look 'real world' rather than promotional.

A few comments though.

Battery in boot isn't really race technology, anyone here have an E36 6 cylinder 3 series? Had battery in the boot on my 1998 car, was possibly included on the E30 models too.

Exhaust tail pipes look very cheap especially in a 'sport' model

Buttons / gadgets on drivers door look a little clumbersome

The few remarks about controls in the review remind me of iDrive. Takes a bit of getting used to but soon becomes second nature and less of a pain, so Im hopefully fine with those items.

Touch screen positioning. Screen seems a little to prominent, I wonder if it will be affected by sunshine/light and be difficult to read/see. I have driven a Toyota Avensis which had a similar screen set up and it was a nightmare to see. My 5 series has the screen recessed a few inches to avoid this but obviously it's not touch screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts