Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satnav.
If you are expecting to arrive between 12 and 1 in the afternoon the Satnav says midnight instead of midday. Ie if you are expected to arrive at 12.30 it would say 00.30.

There is no search facility to search points of interest via name, eg looking for Alton Towers.

The navigation seems to freeze when going round a roundabout, ie it is set for heading up, but a quarter of the way round a roundabout the screen stops rotating to heading up and stays stationary. This is very confusing on roundabouts with multiple exits.

InControl apps.
Stitcher does not work. If you press the screen to load it, it will freeze. The phone will load the app but it is not replicated on the screen.

Bluetooth phone. I have a Sony Xperia z3 compact. I cannot get full functionality on this phone. I cannot search for music on the phone via the car screen so am left to search on the phone and play this way.

InControl Music player. The InControl music player is better than the car player but if you turn off the ignition, or disconnect the phone, when it restarts it plays a random track from the phone sd card and does not pick up where it left off. I really do not want to have to connect my phone every time I get into the car to use this app because the car player will not search songs.

Car music player. Does not list songs in album order if searching the USB stick for an album, it lists the songs randomly. This is annoying if you want to listen to a full album.

I was a bit annoyed that jaguar customer service said it may work on an iPhone. I do not want to get an iPhone. iPhone only have about 13% market share, Android is by far the most popular phone operating system with nearly 85% of the market, why do manufacturers aim for the iPhone market at the expense of Android?

Disappointed in the electronics in the car. Love the car though.

R

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Playing music from the USB stick is near useless.

The Satnav "shortest" spec is too literal sending me down farm tracks if that is the closest to "as the crow flies"

The boot is too small for my golf clubs

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have player pro on my z3 so I'm wondering if this will make any differance.

As for the USB album problem do you think it would make a differance if albums are loaded as separate folders...?
I normally just transfere 1 large folder containing all music.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My albums are loaded as separate folders I think. Will check.

R

·
Registered
799 Posts
My avensis hire car does that freezing thing on roundabouts makes it useless and of course it is not direction if travel as selected.

My dated german car does rotate as expected and is far easier to read

So much for the xe sat nav being a step up from german standards when it's the same as a 20k avensis.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tobes said:
So much for the xe sat nav being a step up from german standards when it's the same as a 20k avensis.
It's disappointing really, jaguar never seem to get the electronics right. I was disappointed withe the electronics in the s type and x type also.They obviously need to source someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jezza said:
No CD!!!!
I don't think it needs a cd player. I must admit I have not used a cd in years.

·
Registered
799 Posts
XERoy said:
tobes said:
It's disappointing really, jaguar never seem to get the electronics right. I was disappointed withe the electronics in the s type and x type also.They obviously need to source someone who knows what they are doing.
Inspired by French electronics lol

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
tristan said:
tobes said:
InControl is a joint development with German company BOSCH SoftTec. SatNav is by Sygic, a Slovac company.

I thought you may be interested in this: http://www.sygic.com/gps-navigation/addon/head-up-display ... does it look familiar?
My comment related to others saying the xe nav system was a step up from bmw business sat nav.
Imo it's not as good and the freezing at roundabouts and not showing actual direction of travel at these times is not good.

I'm aware that Bosch were involved however it doesn't compare to what I was used to in an older model bmw.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.