Jaguar XE Forum banner

No Apple CarPlay For The XE

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  HaloJones 
#1 ·
Based on this quote I found from Jaguar's head of connected technologies and apps, Peter Virk, it looks like we are going to be disappointed and have no hope that Jaguar will roll out Apple CarPlay to the XE.

Virk suggested the software used in the new media system is a precursor to a version that will be rolled out using Apple's much-lauded CarPlay interface.

"Jaguar Land Rover are partners of CarPlay. We've made that announcement, but that's for our future platforms," Virk said. "However, with InControl apps we have full control … and one of the key things we want to deliver to our customers was for both iOS and Android smartphones was to give them that same experience from their apps. There's that familiarity from when I use the phone when I'm not in the vehicle to when I get in the vehicle."

This would have been Jaguar's opportunity to be cutting edge. Disappointing.

#2 ·
Cutting edge would of been great. Keeping up with the competition would of been good. Others allow integration/use of popular streaming apps such as spotify etc.

They've made a mistake with their 'next gen' infotainment system.

#5 ·
cj2000jag said:
Does carplay not tie them into the Apple ecosystem which ignores the vast majority of smartphones which are Android based.
I am pretty sure it does - I think that is what he is saying in the article (unless I have misunderstood), is that they didn't go that way as they would be excluding integration with Android. Personally (even though I currently have an iphone) I think this is the right choice!

#9 ·
From everything we have seen from JLR with regards to the Infotainment system I would not hold my breath waiting for any updates at all, let alone something as fundamental as changing it to allow Carplay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.