Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news is my XE has been delivered to the dealer for Wednesday pickup . The only problem is with no Black Pack. The dealer says they will check why as this maybe need to be fitted my themselves is this normal?

·
Registered
597 Posts
That really isn't good news!! As far as I know, the Black Pack is a factory option although it wouldn't be hard for the dealer to fit, just a bit fiddly as the whole front bumper will have to come off for the grille if it's like previous models.
You would have thought the dealer would be the ones to know if they have to fit it themselves....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I am desperate to put my hands on it after the photos. I guess I will have to wait a couple of more days then hopefully

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can imagine, I am sure it will get put right, worst case scenario I hope is that it will have to go back to have the vents and grille fitted when the dealer gets them.
I can imagine it's very annoying that it's not 100% right after waiting so long, if the dealership has it's own bodyshop it really shouldn't be a problem for them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
DMT66 said:
That really isn't good news!! As far as I know, the Black Pack is a factory option although it wouldn't be hard for the dealer to fit, just a bit fiddly as the whole front bumper will have to come off for the grille if it's like previous models.
You would have thought the dealer would be the ones to know if they have to fit it themselves....
That explains why the cost of having the black vents and grille surround as options for the Portfolio is so expensive, £765 v Black Pack £500, which is annoyingly not available on Portfolio.

I guess both are dealer fits; DMT66, any idea if panel will need to come off to fit vents?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm really not sure, I do know on the XF they didn't need to so hopefully not, the XF was actually quite easy to work on in that way.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks, I hope so too; always nervous when mechanics remove bodywork

·
Registered
597 Posts
Believe me, it's even worse doing it on your own car :) The 1st time I removed the front bumber on my XF was very worrying as once the screws were undone it was a case of pulling very hard to get it off, at least with a dealer if they break anything you have some comeback from them :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Perhaps not relevant but I have ordered a chrome grille for my Portfolio and have been told this is a dealer fit option.
I find this somewhat odd as this option was always on my order, so I wonder if it comes with a black grille which is then removed and replaced?.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is a bit confusing as I ordered the boot side net and the leather gear top and these are dealer fit options but I am surprised that the chrome grille is, I wonder if they will give you the grille they remove.
I had assumed that anything ordered was fitted at the factory but obviously not.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have revisited build and grille and vent are definitely retailer fit according to Info bubble. Like you I wonder if you are given original fittings.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would like to think they are as the price for the grille is not cheap, I'd ask for them as otherwise the garage will sell them to someone else no doubt!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have got a reply from the dealer confirming my car will be with the Black Pack. I have a feeling that this is a dealer fit. Lets hope I dont loose my bumber on my way back home on Wednesday!

·
Registered
597 Posts
That really is good news :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Brucecv8 said:
Perhaps not relevant but I have ordered a chrome grille for my Portfolio and have been told this is a dealer fit option.
I find this somewhat odd as this option was always on my order, so I wonder if it comes with a black grille which is then removed and replaced?.
The actual wording for the black gloss grille and chrome grille options are the same bar colour. For black it reads

"Provides a high Gloss Black finish to the grille surround and bumper beam accentuating the XE's dynamic appearance"

As the Portfolio has a gloss black grille but with chrome surround, I assumed option was just surround but chrome option picture shows grille and surround in chrome, so notwithstanding wording you appear to get grille and surround, as there is no variant with chrome grille as standard.

Both are same price, so if I select black gloss, I assume I end up with two gloss black grilles. Mmm deal or NO deal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts