Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered an XE with the Jaguar Incontrol Apps. Pictures on the net showed a separate USB port for the Incontrol connected device, and another USB port for connecting an iPod, USB stick with music, ...
However, when I read the XE manual, there only seems to be a single USB port. I really don't want to switch between my phone and my music device (and don't have enough space on my phone to store all my music).

Can anyone with the Incontrol Apps option confirm the number of USB ports ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
799 Posts
Was only one USB port in the car I saw at dealers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can connect one device for the in control apps (Unless its a Windows device which isn't supported) and your other can be connected via Bluetooth for the music to play.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I really do think Jag cut one too many corners with this though. Its almost like they realised last minute that that InControl needed USB and by then it was too late to add another.

Streaming by Bluetooth is all well and good but needs you to treat the Bluetooth device as the player and the in car system as the amp only as far as I understand it. So the bluetooth connection won't let you browse through your music on the Jag's screen right? that means having to potentially fiddle with the device when driving if you want InControl apps connected via your phone at the same time.....plus I still don't understand how the remote phone connection can be maintained for calls and a data connection for the inControl apps at the same time.,

the more I think about it the more I think I probably won't make much use of the inControl apps, I'll just have a HDD or USB stick plugged in for music and mobile bluetoothed for making calls.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have seen this demonstrated,so no worries about control over your media.

I think the incontrol apps port is separate from the USB port,??

·
Registered
799 Posts
Only seen one usb port in cars I've seen.

2 would of been handy for charging and or use. Plus always nice to charge an ecig without having to shove a clunky adapter into the 12v

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a usb and an aux connector port. I can use my phone via Bluetooth but my ipod needs (I think) to be connected via the aux port so it doesn't show on the display. If anyone can tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
NigelR reckons you can browse music on your device over Bluetooth which is a plus, but surprise me. Not sure how that works because it had been explained I thought as streaming and this makes me think now maybe it isn't.

Aux Input is analogue only, so you would use a jack-to-jack lead and take the sound via the headphone socket of your MP3 player, CD player or whatever. This way you definitely have no control over the device from the car.

You might all be interested in one of these...

Aukey 4.8A / 24W Dual USB Car Charger Adapter for Apple and Android Devices (The Smallest but Most Powerful Car Charger in the World) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M6Q83B4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_pZdPvb4BV56Q4
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M6Q83B4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_pZdPvb4BV56Q4

·
Registered
799 Posts
My hire car let's me save music to the car through bluetooth. Small symbol appears on screen when streaming. Not sure on its capacity though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
jock said:
Got mine today and it only has one. Gutted as my company phone is a bloody Nokia windows phone
Snap! Only one port and a Nokia windows phone. I plug my personal iPhone in via the USB for music and then Bluetooth the Nokia for phone, plugged into the 12v port via a car charger.

Pity you can only have a single phone connected at a time, I don't want to give up my personal phone otherwise you can never switch off at the weekends!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm sure I read two can be connected at any one time (bluetooth) with 4 being the max number that can be paired.

This is similar on other cars with one device taking priority but both able to make/receive calls.

·
Registered
80 Posts
tobes said:
I'm sure I read two can be connected at any one time (bluetooth) with 4 being the max number that can be paired.

This is similar on other cars with one device taking priority but both able to make/receive calls.
Will have to have a play, cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
From the manual:

Up to 4 mobile phones or devices can be paired with the vehicle in the same way. However, only 2 can be connected and ready for use as a phone or device at any one time (one for phone and one for media).
To connect a different paired phone to the vehicle:

Switch the ignition on and make sure the Touch screen is active.
Touch the Phone soft key or the phone hard key.
From the PHONE menu screen, select Change device. See TELEPHONE SYSTEM OVERVIEW.
A menu will appear. Select a paired device from the list.
So it looks like only 1 phone connected to be used for calls at a time :-(

·
Registered
799 Posts
My bad I knew I'd read something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.