Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen an XE in Odyssey Red? Even a picture of one?

I'm seriously considering ordering an R-Sport this weekend. Narrowed all the options down (sunroof, parking pack, folding mirrors) and it's now down to the choice of colour.
I'm very tempted by the Odyssey Red but I can't find a picture of an XE in that colour anywhere.
It looks like a nice colour on the configurator and on the sample board in the dealership but it would be nice to at least see a picture of one in that colour before taking the plunge.

My only gripe at the moment is that, given the vast quantities of options there are, there isn't an option to replace the cupholders with a storage box. I rarely (if ever) have a drink in the car so they aren't much use to me and (IMHO) spoil the nice clean line of the central console.

thanks
Paul

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not sure what colour Mel's is. it's red that's all I know.

My dealer has ammonite, white, black and blue.

Storage box would be a nice option, as the centre storage is quite small and there's no drivers side glove box as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've ordered a Portfolio XE in Odyssey red and as you say there are not many pictures online. However, I've seen one in the flesh (on the road going to a dealer or show), and I found a picture on instagram from a #feelxe show at the Stejarii Country Club (Romania?). Its much darker than the Italian Racing Red.

You can find the image on an instagram picture search engine like pinsta.me and searching for #feelxe.

There are some slightly better pictures of the colour on the Jaguar Used approved list (recent XF models), and an XF on the XF Forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the instagram links, not the greatest photos but do appear to be the right colour.
I didn't realise the XF was available in Odyssey Red, but I see that it is - but not in the uk.
Now that I can get some pictures I can use them to convince the wife it's the colour to go for :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Paul, I agree with Dale "im not sure about odyssey red".

Some observations:
The Jaguar configurator shows a very poor representation of their colours, except maybe black.
As Quigon and dale suggests search the internet for a second hand XF in Odyssey Red. Maybe you will find one local to you and you could go and look at it. Although it doesn't seem to be a very popular coloured car, second hand.

Some links

http://www.carsite.co.uk/new/cars/jaguar/xf/deal/mtz_66289_37098665
http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/used-car/adv/jaguar/xf/mtz_66289_36842634
http://geelong.locanto.com.au/ID_465829793/1-y-o-Jaguar-Xf-color-Odyssey-red.html
http://www.drive24.co.uk/VehicleDetailsView.aspx?carid=36835528&imageNo=1

Can't help but agree with your gripe. Although so many cars these days seem to have the same detail. I think I've even seen a Bentley with open cup holders !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the additional links, one of those is just 15mins away from work - I should be able to nip over one lunchtime this week for a peek!
I find the italian racing red is too bright for me, I've had grey for years, dislike white intensely and black is for BMWs. That leaves me with sapphire blue, racing green or odyssey red. Of those, I'm not convinced by BRG so it's between the Sapphire Blue and Odyssey Red.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was considering it but its more of a merlot, sort of red wine colour - I think VAG have a similar one called Rosso Brunello on some brands. I decided it was a bit too dark for me and would show up the dirt and any paint swirls. So assuming I do finally order one, Italian Racing Red will be the one for me - that's what Mel has btw.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well found! The picture from a showroom isn't very good but the others look nice to me. Not as brash as Italian Racing Red.
Hopefully I'll see an XF in that colour in the flesh later this week and will try to get a picture of it to post here as a comparison.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Oooooo. Those pics do look rather nice, looks good with the privacy glass :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just been to a dealer near work and seen an XF in Odyssey Red in the flesh. I think it's a pretty classy colour, quite distinctive but not quite as brash as the racing red. Here's some pics.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I'm pretty much convinced this is the colour for my R-Sport now :)

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am digging the colour. But still bothered it would be one to show up the swirls if not fastidiously looked after, I am not sure I would have the patience for that

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just to add to the confusion Grange has the car advertised as Carnelian Red

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.