Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here.

I ordered my XE from Collier's, Tamworth, Staffordshire last year on the day the order book opened. I can't recall all the details from the configurator right now, I'm away from home, but in summary it was a Portfolio in Ammonite Grey with loads of toys (HUD, heated windscreen and steering wheel, illuminated door sills, winter pack, other stuff I can't remember)... and the 240 petrol. I do less than 9000 miles a year so it makes sense for me.

A few weeks ago I popped by for some reason or another, and the sales manager told me that JLR have been taken aback by the higher number of petrol orders than they expected.

This, and a remark on similar lines made in the forum a few days ago, make me think that my order won't be around any time soon. The silence from Collier's has been deafening and I will drop them a line when I get back to the UK tomorrow. But I wonder, has anyone else who has ordered a 240 petrol been given a timescale for their order? I've opted out of the company lease scheme and my company Audi goes back on 25 May. I have a feeling that I'll be borrowing my daughter's Peugeot 107 for quite a while after that...

Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm back in the UK so I've dropped a line to the dealer so we'll see what they say. In the meantime here's my order spec:

Portfolio
Ammonite Grey
Petrol 240bhp
Glass & Mirrors pack (Powerfolding Exterior Mirrors In Body Colour, Electrically Adjustable, Heated, Auto-Dimming)
In-Control Secure (ie the tracker)
Parking pack
Highway technology pack
Cold climate pack
Smart key with keyless start and keyless entry
Gloss ebony interior veneer
Heated front windscreen and steering wheel
Illuminated door sill finishers
Premium carpet mats, front and rear mud flaps

Quite enough toys!

Paul

·
Registered
202 Posts
jp4712 said:
Hello, new member here......
A few weeks ago I popped by for some reason or another, and the sales manager told me that JLR have been taken aback by the higher number of petrol orders than they expected....
Paul
I'm surprised that Jaguar are surprised, given that there was so much bad publicity re. the nastiness of diesel emissions recently :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi can I ask what made you decide to go for the 240ps considering its around £3000 more expensive than the 200ps. I'm trying to decide which to go for. I wouldn't like to think that the 240ps has simply a different ECU and the engine is identical to the 200ps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered my XE - R Sport diesel in November 14.

Had a change to the delivery date notification on Friday 23 to say that it had been put back to 27 July 2015 from 6th June!

21/5/15 - Checked order and has been brought forward by a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.