Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I allegedly have the "Parking Pack" which has given me the rear camera but I've seen no sign that it has a front sensor. Shouldn't it? The parking Assist button on the Infotainment does nothing which I guess is expected but as usual, the XE website has next to nothing in terms of what the parking Pack is supposed to do and manual is no better.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the anti-collision thing works as it has just stopped me driving into my house :) but I didn't get any audible warning or screen display.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Shouldn't you have tested it on your neighbours house first, just in case??? :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bluefire said:
Shouldn't you have tested it on your neighbours house first, just in case??? :)
Hadn't thought of that! In fact it stopped me a foot away. When reversing the sensor went red with more like two feet of room still.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why test it on your house? Would make excellent reading on your home insurance claim form........."well I just picked up my brand new car and it was supposed to have an automated emergency stop function, so I wanted to check it out and ensure it worked ok...but....."

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
So the anti-collision thing works as it has just stopped me driving into my house :) but I didn't get any audible warning or screen display.
That sounds like you do have the parking pack ☺

·
Registered
12 Posts
From the Pricing Brochure.

..."Parking Pack - Front parking aid, reverse park camera"...

And

..."PARKING AIDS: XE's front and rear parking aids provide audible proximity warnings complemented by a Reverse Park Camera that not only
shows the view from the rear on the Touch-screen, it provides an overlay of graphical information about the space the car
is reversing into.
"...

·
Registered
471 Posts
tobes said:
HaloJones said:
That sounds like you do have the parking pack ☺
Think that anti demolition feature uses front cameras on back of rear view mirror; do you have rear camera; if not, then no parking pack and no front sensors? Hope they haven't fitted convenience pack instead of parking pack.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I've twigged now that the rear sensor and camera come on automatically in reverse but front sensor (no camera) only comes on if I press "P/a" on the left side of the Infotainment screen and it stays on just for a little while.

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
So I've twigged now that the rear sensor and camera come on automatically in reverse but front sensor (no camera) only comes on if I press "P/a" on the left side of the Infotainment screen and it stays on just for a little while.
Similar to my 5 which has all round sensors.

Rear automatic once in reverse whuch also triggers front sensors.

If you want front sensors without putting it into reverse first hit the parking button. Same button also mutes beeps on mine if I touch it again. Sometimes useful if parked after reversing and people or parked cars are close.

·
Registered
699 Posts
harry said:
Why test it on your house? Would make excellent reading on your home insurance claim form........."well I just picked up my brand new car and it was supposed to have an automated emergency stop function, so I wanted to check it out and ensure it worked ok...but....."
"On coming home from work I turned into the wrong drive and collided with a tree I don't have!"

...as Jasper Carrott would say.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The front sensors seem to turn themselves off just when I need them.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Assuming you haven't touched the parking button and are not putting your foot down to demolish the house, appears to be another faulty bit of software/hardware.

As said on another thread, the number of issues from a small community of deliveries is slightly worrying; I am beginning to wish I hadn't nagged dealer to move delivery from December to October.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My 5 series ones turn off if you are doing 10 mph or more.

You guys at slow speed?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.