Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the lead times on the delivery of new cars are now so long, has anyone arranged an agreed future value of a car they wish to p/x against an XE please?
Just wondering what the procedure would be.
Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No unfortunately they will most likely wait until closer to your delivery date maybe a week or two before. When i ordered mine i asked that very question and they told me they would give me a quote for part ex once i had test driven est 15th may which is roughly 2 weeks before my est delivery date 3rd June the only way i can see they will give you a future part ex is if you have a Jaguar from within their dealer network already on one of their mileage cap loan schemes ie a PCP loan where the future value of the car is determined when you bought the car and they can charge you for excess mileage. otherwise you can try to guess what they may give you using sites like parkers and whatcar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies Dale and BRG.
It would seem then that the buyer would have very little bargaining strength - the dealer would no doubt exploit the buyer's natural eagerness to take delivery, and expect him/her to accept a poor p/ex valuation rather than pull out at such a late stage.
Harrumph :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got firm quote on Friday for my part ex so expecting my car soon,I had been pushing the dealer for some time for a quote
I got a quote from another dealer and they match it so they can if you push hard

G

·
I got a quote in March for a July/August px. The price was ok, compared to Autotrader prices. The dealer said that they would honour their px offer price providing delivery comes in July/August. They have since given me an early July delivery date.

I took the finance, which is 0% when you take account of the dealer and Jaguar contributions (£2601) - looks like that offer has gone done a bit since. I got SupaGard, wheel insurance and gap insurance thrown in and a further £500 off by going to a second dealer.

So there are deals to be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts