Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the following message appear yesterday. My local garage cleared the fault plus some historical fault codes. Now the stop start has stopped working. Any ideas what could be wrong. I actually like having stop start working.
Speedometer Car Odometer Trip computer Vehicle

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Probably time for a new battery if you want SS to work. Pedestrian protection refers to the bonnet popping up a bit if you have a shunt but the warning could be anything and only reading the fault codes would get to the information. Might all be related as a low battery can cause all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Not helpful to your problem, I know, but my eye was immediately drawn to your HUD. Not seen them say things like "More space" before.

I think my desired setup is analogue dials, real push buttons and switches (no screens) and a HUD.
(Provided I can read it, as I wear glasses for driving and small near text blurs with them on.)

I truly dislike the supposedly 'modern' run-your-entire-car-from-a-central-iPad thing that is being forced on us now. It's stupid and dangerous IMHO. My vote doesn't count as much as the accountants I suppose though.

• Haha
Reactions: bik3rz

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,570 Posts
Not helpful to your problem, I know, but my eye was immediately drawn to your HUD. Not seen them say things like "More space" before.
That looks like the van in front that the bloke is pressure washing 😅.
Let's keep this on topic and not veer off into interior design.
It seems quite a few threads recently are going off topic and it doesn't help the OP with the original question(s).

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's definitely the van for what it's worth.

The reset of the faults using a decent workshop type diagnostic reader may have also reset the battery management system. You should go about your normal business and see if the start stop system comes back to life over the next few days before plunging on a new battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts