2017MY R-Sport 240PS
Glacier White
Privacy Glass
ICT Pro
10-Way seats
Jet/Red interior
Parking pack
Spare wheel

I wanted to get some nice pictures of it in the showroom with the SLR but was too excited, so this is all I managed on my phone:

Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tent

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Car

On attempting to show me around the car the sales guy soon realised my way of thinking and said "you just want to go now and work it out yourself don't you!" so within minutes I was driving it home :)

I'll take some decent pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Congrats on your new cat. Like being a big kid again isn't it :p Hope you have many miles of problem free driving - enjoy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gratz Phil, enjoy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Love it with the privacy glass - that wasn't an option in the US so I'll have to tint the glass at some point myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good. Congratulations on getting a R-Sport! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
kobechrome said:
Love it with the privacy glass - that wasn't an option in the US so I'll have to tint the glass at some point myself.
I like the tint as well. Great with the white. Doesn't the US R-Sport come tinted though? Maybe not this much...

·
Registered
171 Posts
US Spec R-Sport is not tinted. Theres some light standard factory tint but nothing like the OP has. It was the clear glass option vs his privacy glass.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Makes sense. Guess I'll be tinting them then! My brother just got his M3 done, will probably use the same shop as they did a great job.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still haven't made much effort to take any good pics, just enjoying it too much :)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

My favourite bits so far:

The lights ^^^ - let's be honest, they are cool. And the fact that they come on as soon as you unlock the car just extends the coolness.
Low/mid range torque - for a petrol engine it's very punchy low down.
Turbo noises - wind the window down a crack and you're treated to an assortment of subtle hisses and wooshes as you rifle through the gears. I am a child!
Exterior design - it looks good. Very good. I knew I had to have one after seeing other people ogle at them on the road. Now they ogle at mine :)
ICT Pro Navigation - zooming and panning to pick an alternate route by prodding at roads on the super-quick map is a breeze.
The sound of the central locking - weird maybe, but I find the positive 'kchunk' very satisfying.
The interior - I love being in this car. And everyone else that has been in it has gone "oooh".
Meridian audio/Bluetooth integration with Spotify - when I get in my car to go home from work it resumes what I was listening to in the office on my PC, from my phone, without intervention. And sounds great. This is how it should be.

Finally for now - the handling. The XE for me is a daily driver so that my RX-8 - renowned for it's very rewarding handling - could be retired to 'fun-car' duties. The XE however has proved to be very good at this, and if it weren't for that rotary engine, and being highly 'personalised', I may have let the '8 go already. Very impressed.

Also - I really wanted the alloy paddle shifters but couldn't stomach the nearly £400 list price, so I bought a brand new Landrover set for less than half the price on eBay and fitted them afterwards. They are the same part fitted across the group and despite being in a Landrover box they sport a Jaguar logo on the moulding.

Adapter Ac adapter Adapter Input device Peripheral

Being such a tactile part of the car they make a world of difference and I highly recommend them. They also look really good.

Plant Speedometer Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

I put a set of alloy pedal covers on too. While you don't see them everyday, it's nice to know they're there.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Phil said:
I still haven't made much effort to take any good pics, just enjoying it too much :)

View attachment 2908

My favourite bits so far:

The lights ^^^ - let's be honest, they are cool. And the fact that they come on as soon as you unlock the car just extends the coolness.
Low/mid range torque - for a petrol engine it's very punchy low down.
Turbo noises - wind the window down a crack and you're treated to an assortment of subtle hisses and wooshes as you rifle through the gears. I am a child!
Exterior design - it looks good. Very good. I knew I had to have one after seeing other people ogle at them on the road. Now they ogle at mine :)
ICT Pro Navigation - zooming and panning to pick an alternate route by prodding at roads on the super-quick map is a breeze.
The sound of the central locking - weird maybe, but I find the positive 'kchunk' very satisfying.
The interior - I love being in this car. And everyone else that has been in it has gone "oooh".
Meridian audio/Bluetooth integration with Spotify - when I get in my car to go home from work it resumes what I was listening to in the office on my PC, from my phone, without intervention. And sounds great. This is how it should be.

Finally for now - the handling. The XE for me is a daily driver so that my RX-8 - renowned for it's very rewarding handling - could be retired to 'fun-car' duties. The XE however has proved to be very good at this, and if it weren't for that rotary engine, and being highly 'personalised', I may have let the '8 go already. Very impressed.

Also - I really wanted the alloy paddle shifters but couldn't stomach the nearly £400 list price, so I bought a brand new Landrover set for less than half the price on eBay and fitted them afterwards. They are the same part fitted across the group and despite being in a Landrover box they sport a Jaguar logo on the moulding.

View attachment 2910

Being such a tactile part of the car they make a world of difference and I highly recommend them. They also look really good.

View attachment 2909

I put a set of alloy pedal covers on too. While you don't see them everyday, it's nice to know they're there.
Loving mine too for all the same reasons. I also fitted mine with the brake pedals....and now you have me lusting after those paddle shifters.
Did you install them yourself?.....Was it difficult?
Cheers
CRS

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Phil said:

Could you please tell the Landrover part number of the alloy paddle shifters you bought on eBay.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.