Jaguar XE Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still having problems getting the latest software update downloaded to Pivi Pro and with my issues with not being able to communicate with the car via In Control Remote makes me wonder if there is something more substantially wrong with the built in SIM or associated electronics? Just spoken to the dealer who said they are trying to get JLR Coventry to remotely reset the JLR/car's telecommunications module - not sure how long should take but would not think it was a major task?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmm - does it show 3G or 4G at the top of the screen at all? I know that in the ICT Pro there is an option within the comms settings to enable the (external) SIM for data access. I was driving a loan car with Pivi Pro the other day and it downloaded it whilst I was driving and there was a 4G icon showing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Jagman_82 said:
I was just prompted to update today, all downloaded over wifi, then asked to shut car down to complete installation (ICT pro).
Can't see any differences/enhancements so far.. does anyone know precisely what's changed, or generally whether there is a way of viewing changes?
For me at least it has also fixed the bug with ICT Pro that caused music playing from a USB stick to always go back to the first track on the stick when the system is restarted with the car. Now it does what you'd expect - which is to resume where it left off at the previous shutdown. Curiously, though, this isn't in the list of improvements.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
chrisjp said:
For me at least it has also fixed the bug with ICT Pro that caused music playing from a USB stick to always go back to the first track on the stick when the system is restarted with the car. Now it does what you'd expect - which is to resume where it left off at the previous shutdown. Curiously, though, this isn't in the list of improvements.
Chris, it is listed: under New Features > USB Media Player ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stephen said:
chrisjp said:
Chris, it is listed: under New Features > USB Media Player ;)
So it is! I just didn't see it first time of looking.
It's still curious to me that JLR has taken so long to include these media player memory "features" in ICT-Pro when they have been standard on most other cars for years.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
For those Forum members whose vehicles are equipped with PIVI Pro infotainment, and who are experiencing issues with navigation, there are two new bulletins on TOPiX this morning:

SSM75478 - PIVI Pro - Navigation resetting post OTA map update
SSM75483 - PIVI Pro - Navigation resetting post OTA map update

These would be identical, one being for Jaguar and the other for Land Rover, but as I do not have a paid subscription I can't say which is which.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for posting Stephen, I'll pass this on to the Evoque forum. I had begun to think that OTA map updates were a 'withdrawn feature' of MY21 models, having not had one, despite Pivi Pro telling me that new maps are available for USB download. So it seems they do exist :twisted:

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you go to Settings then software updates, I think it shows you there.

I am still have problems getting the 2.10 updates installed it says it has downloaded it but not installed. Followed the instructions on the screen numerous times at different locations just in case it needs to talk to O2 or WiFi with no joy. Contacted JLR Customer service and they could not do anything and told me to go back to a dealer. Just feel it should not be this difficult!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Font Gas Tints and shades Automotive tire Auto part
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood

Or maybe not…… 😞
Car was in yesterday to supposedly have all software updated to the latest versions. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm still sitting at version 1.97? Or is that not the pivipro software version?

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
No, that is not the Pivi Software version; that is the Live Apps versions and are the most recent as far as I am aware; certainly the same as in my car.

Your final screen is the Pivi software but as with a new car before it receives it's first SOTA update, it does not show the current software version and I know of no way to find out. My read would be that the dealer has updated the Pivi version to the latest availble 2.1.0 or 2.1.0a depending upon the order that they are installed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bluefire65 said:
No, that is not the Pivi Software version; that is the Live Apps versions and are the most recent as far as I am aware; certainly the same as in my car.

Your final screen is the Pivi software but as with a new car before it receives it's first SOTA update, it does not show the current software version and I know of no way to find out. My read would be that the dealer has updated the Pivi version to the latest availble 2.1.0 or 2.1.0a depending upon the order that they are installed.
Thanks, it's a shame the current version isn't shown.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Love some of those software dates...1970! :)

Explains a lot ;)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I've heard it said that Jaguar software is behind the times but that is ridiculous :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
For those of you who don't know the 1st January 1970 is the epoch date for UNIX based operating systems, it's when time began. The timestamp is '0'.
So what is happening here is there is no data for certain software dates and the system interprets that as zero. Then that is transcribed as 1st January 1970.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.