Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My commute to the office is 31 miles. It consists of a couple of miles through residential areas plus 2 miles at either end which can usually be described as traffic jams. The rest is motorway. My trip today was the first recorded on inControl Remote. On the way to work the traffic at either end was heavy. 51 mpg. Slightly disappointed. The return trip 72 mpg !! Very pleased.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That's good news! My commute is about 12 miles motorway and dual carriageway and 7/8 miles through town. The latter part usually kills economy for me at the moment, particularly on the return and a slow crawl out of town on a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In eco mode, which I've been using for motorway cruising and pottering at slow speeds, the performance is really quite "gentle". However, if you switch to dynamic mode, it steps off very nicely and on a winding road has a really sporty character. I haven't used "standard" mode much yet, to see where it sits between the two. I was surprised that the mode switch made so much difference.

I must do a test run to see how much worse the economy is in dynamic mode. Depending on the result I might use dynamic the whole time :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.