Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After lurking for a couple of months I thought I'd join the XE community.

I ordered an XE Prestige 180PS auto in Ammonite grey at the end of April and have a delivery date of 31st July. Can't wait.

Options include heated windscreen, 10 way electric seats (the manual seats have no tilt) and 12V in the boot. Since I've not seen this spec yet, I hope I'm delighted when it's finally delivered. I was impressed with the ride an handling when I took a 180 auto R-Sport for a spin. I guess that has a slightly firmer ride with sports setup and 18" wheels.

Looking forward to hearing about the first deliveries.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the family, Tristan.

Great choice in colour mate - and not that long to wait really!!

Lee.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Welcome

Agreed great colour choice! Guess the colour I ordered lol

Ordered mine with less options a month before you and mines 28th July......

G

·
Tristan,

I have almost the same spec as you, no 12V in boot, but same model and colour with the electric seats. Plus folding mirrors and garage opener. Likewise driven the R sport, ride was fine to me, sales dude assured me the Prestige is better/softer. My delivery is due June 30 :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am so jealous you guys are getting yours so much earlier than me!!

Isnt it interesting how each of us views colours and options so differently

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome Tristan, great color (...)

@Maz - much earlier? I ordered my XE in October 2014.... :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I shouldn't complain only ordered in june

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I looks like Ammonite grey is a popular choice ... I hope it's not too common. ;-)

I opted for the 10 way seat because every XE I've seen and sat in has these fitted regardless of specification: they're comfortable and provide just the right adjustment for my height. Just before ordering I discovered that the manual seats don't have tilt, so I upgraded. No garage, therefore a heated windscreen looked like a wise option. And, the extra 12V is to power a cooler box for those weekends away. The 180 PS was a no brainer when paired with the auto ... same BIK rate as the 163 so long as I kept the 17" wheels.

The most frustrating aspect of the whole process has been a lack of information / incorrect information. I'd rather see (and drive) what I'm buying beforehand but I'd still be waiting now. Has anyone sat in the Prestige or a 163 or 180 for that matter without lots of options? I haven't. And I haven't seen a single car (or photo) on 17" wheels.

Hopefully, the gallery will start to fill up with our photos very soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts