Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got an email from my dealer: build date is confirmed for April 24th with a scheduled delivery in the NL for May 29th...

VIN codes are also known.... just a few more weeks

Marc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad to see someone finally has a production date. Logic says that now the car is actually in production, Jaguar must be a scheduling in the orders. However they do seem reluctant to pass any information into thei dealers. I guess we are all so used to the Amazon world of accurate and immediate delivery information.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dale740 said:
yes i have now also had an email with the same build date and the 17th may delivery but it did mention the date could change depending on circumstance..
Congrats Dale! Did you get your VIN? I did, but cannot get Topix to give more info...

Where are you from? I'm living in The Netherlands, so the shipment may cause my 2 weeks delay (I hope this ship will make it)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you my dealer has the vin code but i have not asked for it yet and i placed my holding deposit down before it was officially announced way back around july/aug my dealer is a uk dealer in birmingham so pretty close to the factory and the extra 2 weeks will be the shipping time to the Netherlands it good that people are starting to get some idea of when they will get their cars :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: my dealer just informed me that Jaguar NL seems to hold on to the introduction date of June 18th.... So all customer cars which are now delivered at the dealers may not be delivered to us customers in NL... weird...

Even the ordering of the accessory Venom wheels is on hold till the 18th...

My dealer keeps pushing Jag...

Marc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Marc you are very polite with your remarks. It must be very frustrating to think your car is gathering dust in your retailers showroom, or will it be put on display for everybody to climb in and out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
XES Owner said:
Marc you are very polite with your remarks. It must be very frustrating to think your car is gathering dust in your retailers showroom, or will it be put on display for everybody to climb in and out?
Now that would bug me........

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) I can be very very polite... till...

I am not scared that my XE will be used for the showroom without consulting me. If they would ask me I might consider it, but with the doors keeping locked.

Anyway, took the chance to change the alloys to Radiance Black (goodbye Venom's). When I saw a real life picture of the Ammonite Grey XE with Privacy Glass, I decided that black alloys are better..

See below the real life picture of the XE with privacy glass and Venom alloys (my initial order) and the XE with the Radiance Black (configurator screenshot and yes this grey looks completely different)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
It seems that all the dealers have either zero information or inclination to push this - I ordered my R-Sport (with the HUD and a bunch of upgrades - about £7k worth!) back in February and was told early May, late May, mid June, end of August, "it's in the build queue", end of July and now the dealer isn't returning my calls!

Hardly a prestigious start for the XE!

Someone mentioned the HUD was causing issues - has anyone got a car with a HUD yet? Others are saying its the diesel engines causing the delay, others the petrol.... surely Jaguar or the dealer should know?! My last feedback was there was an issue with fuel pump pulleys on certain chassis but they couldn't say which one (although I expect conveniently mine will be one of them!).

Annoyed with the fact I had to put £1200 worth of brakes on my Merc due to the delay trading it in, plus we are getting close to the new reg, and I bet the dealer won't let us delay it till the new reg comes in like Jag have delayed the cars to us.

Vent over........... for now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are a few people with the HUD that have recieved their cars but there doesnt seem to be any queue people are just getting there cars randomly, when i went to pick my car up i was told a car had arrived at my dealer a full month before it was due and that he asked the dealer to hold it until the new reg it is now sitting in a compound for a few months until the new reg comes out but im guessing not all dealers will want cars filling up their car park space so its just a case of asking and if i were you phone jag hq and ask them outright whats going on

·
Registered
428 Posts
Interesting.... I am torn between waiting for the new reg and not wanting to spend on my E Class, which will need 2 or 3 new tyres soon and some front brake discs, just to trade it in a week or so later. Typically as well after getting the initial valuation on the trade in the very next day someone put a 18 inch scratch across my rear bumper!!! GRRRRR!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my delivery with HUD and with 240 petrol engine. But then I pre-ordered on the very first day the books opened last year.

I collected my car at the end of last week and then immediately went on holiday, so when I get home this coming weekend I'll post some pics of what the HUD looks like in practice. I had the HUD on my previous car (Audi A6) and frankly I don't know how I'd manage without one now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.