Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Well I collected my car today after many months and a nervous wait.
All went well and I can say overall I am very impressed.
I'm really happy with the spec I went for.

The glacier white looks amazing and along with the black pack it just finishes the car off. 19" venom alloys look so much better than the tiny pictures in the configurator and the ride is still superb on the road.
Panoramic pack is excellent too and I'm really happy with having sunroof. The meshed blind is also electric and still lets in just enough light to lift the cabin when closed.
The interior is a similar story. I love it. Seats are fantastic and came as 8x8 electric adjust. Initially I had my seat too high even though it looked ok as a driving position I hit my head on the roof cloth. You do sit extremely low and I'm a normal 5'10".
Touch screen is very responsive and looks perfect in the dash. Still trying to find the best way to play music from my iPhone. I found the Bluetooth limited the volume and even though I had the volume on max it still wasn't very loud. USB is much better. DAB is great. Sat nav is very slick and the display format is just right. Back seats are fine but only for two adults. I didn't spec the folding rear seats and upon inspection I don't think I will ever be able to convert them but that's a job for another time. My centre console is the piano black version and I can see it's going to be a nightmare to keep scratches from appearing. I wear my watch on the left and had to take it off for fear of it doing any damage. Clean with care and using only the very softest cloth you have. There's a nice little place just in front of the Rotary gear selector to hold your phone from sliding around. Build quality I would give it a 8/10. If your really fussy you will find minor fitment issues. The footwell lighting is so cheap looking and even though you can't see it under the dash looks like some old Christmas bulb holder. No lenses just a bare bulb. Also might be my imagination at the moment but I swear I can hear some engine bay noise in the cabin as though a grommet is missing somewhere. Time will tell. I think I have sourced stainless steel exhaust trims to tidy up the disappointing exhaust pipes. If I think of anymore I will update this post. Please feel free to ask any question you might have.

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Never knew you were in OZ

Car looks great!

I'm really hoping I end up with all electric seats it's something I'm used to.

Bluetooth sound is there a limiter on your phone? You know like the warning you get when using headphones. Only a thought.

Let us know where you source the exhaust trims from. The XE seriously needs some.

And if you suss a diy rear seat fold.

As for headroom it's a sunroof issue. I never get a sunroof as it generally costs an inch or 2 of headroom. But if you are clear with seat down its all good for you.

Build quality isn't sounding fantastic from any that have received their cars yet. Perhaps something jlr will address as a chasis alone will not earn them a 20+ year benchmark status.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Settings -> Music -> Volume limit

Set to off, then select and put up the max volume as far as it will go.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SiblingChris said:
Settings -> Music -> Volume limit

Set to off, then select and put up the max volume as far as it will go.
I checked that and it was already set to off. I'll have another play today and see if it does the same.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great review thanks.
Just one question you mention exhuast finishes. Any idea where you can source them?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have sourced them and will try fitting them today. On a trial fit they actually looked pretty good.

I bought them from wait for it, Skoda! Yes your new £30k jag needs trims from a skoda as it was just too much for jag to put them on in the factory.

All jokes aside I think they were left off because it starts to look too similar to the S and they can't have that now can they. Very silly move by Jag.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another little feature which I found was that the boot is weighted to open using the remote. Nice if you've an arm full of shopping not so good if it's an enclosed space and it swings up hitting something.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Must be my phone.

Nice if boot does open like that it's a handy feature I'm used to. I thought they listed it as an option.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tobes said:
Must be my phone.

Nice if boot does open like that it's a handy feature I'm used to. I thought they listed it as an option.
Yes it has poppers which open the boot fully. The option you are thinking of opens and closes the boot by the touch of a button.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Happy for you to have taken delivery of your car at last Baikar. I think you might have the first 240 received on this forum??
Let us know how things go in the coming weeks please.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll be interested in seeing what those tips look like when they're on. If you could take a picture of them fitted that would be great.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rich 91 said:
I'll be interested in seeing what those tips look like when they're on. If you could take a picture of them fitted that would be great.
Of course. I'll try to do a write up because I believe if they fit and look good a lot of others will be doing the same.

·
Registered
799 Posts
BAIKAR said:
Rich 91 said:
Of course. I'll try to do a write up because I believe if they fit and look good a lot of others will be doing the same.
You should set up a business doing them. I think EVERY XE sold will want them fitted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great looking car Baikar. What interior colour do you have?

Also great work on your tips on the exhaust, haven't seen the photos yet, dying to see them when you repost them on your other thread.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.