Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, Stradstone's have done a similar video for a White XE.

Got to say though, I do prefer the Ammonite Grey especially with those wheels - Good choice.

Are you getting just a little bit excited ?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Great choice. Exactly what I have chosen

·
Registered
425 Posts
craste, I don't wish to dampen your spirits but have you read the Owner's Handbook ?

I quote:

"This vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still bed-in, relative to each other. This process occurs mainly in the first3 000 km of operation.

During this running-in period of 3 000 km, observe and follow the instructions below:

• Do not use full throttle during starts and normal driving.

• Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.

• Avoid labouring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.

• Gradually increase engine and road speeds.

• Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.

• Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.

• Preferably take longer trips.

• Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools or any similar events."

Perhaps when you collect your car, you ought you delay the 'good hard drive' !!

·
Registered
79 Posts
craste said:
Other than the exhaust this is exactly what mine will look like!

I have the oyster interior too which will brighten up the interior!

:x
Looks quality mate - ordered pretty much the same except with the black pack & black venoms - colour looks great on that video.

Enjoy! :-bd

·
Registered
799 Posts
XES Owner said:
craste, I don't wish to dampen your spirits but have you read the Owner's Handbook ?

I quote:

"This vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still bed-in, relative to each other. This process occurs mainly in the first3 000 km of operation.

During this running-in period of 3 000 km, observe and follow the instructions below:

• Do not use full throttle during starts and normal driving.

• Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.

• Avoid labouring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.

• Gradually increase engine and road speeds.

• Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.

• Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.

• Preferably take longer trips.

• Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools or any similar events."

Perhaps when you collect your car, you ought you delay the 'good hard drive' !!
Nice to see strong British heritage

Km..........

·
Registered
664 Posts
Saw various colours in the flesh yesterday.....the standout was of course the highly polished up showroom car, which was an RSport in glacier white, black pack and partial red leather seats. I imagine the ammonite grey with the black pack looks nice and aggressive :)

It was a rainy miserable day and I have to say whilst the darker coloured XEs still looked smart I felt they lost there pizazz a bit in these conditions. I drove one which was bluefire, there was an ammonite grey there also, and the Italian racing red,

From experience darker colours do take more looking after if you are particular about maintaining the showroom finish. It's all too easy to get swirls in the paintwork that will show up in the sun....I'm a bit OCD about it so err towards brighter or paler colours now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.