Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, any comments on choosing the right white colour for the R-sport XE?
Read polar white is ok , and save 620 pounds on glacier white.
Did see the showroom glacier white with black pack and looks amazing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've picked Glacier White over Polar White so I am biased. I did have an XKR in Polar White but in my opinion of you have the £620 go for Glacier White as it looks so good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agree, the glacier white does look stunning, ordered mine in the polar white ( to save a little cash) but went with the black pack together with red and black seats. It will look stunning ( if and when jaguar ever deliver it ! X( )

·
Registered
597 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the Polar White as it does look good, it was my original choice but then saw Bluefire so went with that and then saw Glacier White next to it so went for that. If I hadn't already budgeted the £620 for Bluefire I would have been happy with Polar White.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Felixstowe said:
Agree, the glacier white does look stunning, ordered mine in the polar white ( to save a little cash) but went with the black pack together with red and black seats. It will look stunning ( if and when jaguar ever deliver it ! X( )
Due June ---- yet to get a delivery date, I do however have a cancellation date for Jaguar if they don't soon tell me when it will be here for me. Ordered February!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DMT66 said:
You won't be disappointed with the Polar White as it does look good, it was my original choice but then saw Bluefire so went with that and then saw Glacier White next to it so went for that. If I hadn't already budgeted the £620 for Bluefire I would have been happy with Polar White.
Hi, thanks for the comments.
so did you actually see the XE in the polar white as you say I wont be disappointed?
trying to understand how much better the glacier is over the polar, as you did decide to go for the glacier and NOT your orginal choice of polar.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've seen both and they both look great. If you can afford the glacier I would go for it, it looks " richer" , go and look at the paint on a polar xf it's the same finish as the polar on the xe

·
Registered
505 Posts
My order is for a Prestige, originally in Glacia White (that's how they spell it on the cars in the showroom, but seems odd to me), then changed to Polar White to put some cash towards the Adaptive Cruise Control that I added , just now changed to Italian Racing Red after seeing various photos of delivered cars on the forum, and taking another look at a real one. The Whites are odd - the dealer had an XE and an XF next to each other, both in Glacia White and they looked quite different - all to do with the lighting and relative position and, possibly, the body shape. My opinion (and that of my wife too) is that the Glacia White looks better than the Polar White, but not sure that it's worth an extra £620.

·
Registered
505 Posts
How I wish I could. When I orderedmine, I did suggest that when it was ready, I could nip up the factory and drive it to the dealers if they'd knock a couple of hundred quid off the delivery charge - you could do that once upon a time. However, I've just been into the dealer to add a couple of items to the spec and they seem to have quite a few cars which I haven't seen on earlier visits. This could be new deliveries although I suppose it could be cars returned to have faults fixed - only joking, Mr. Jaguar..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Lot of clearly brand new XE at Sidcup today. Still with plastic wrap on some of them. Not mine to sadly. Maybe another week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the last 22 years I've had 7 cars in either Silver, Back or White so fancied a change so ordered my XE R-Sport in Bluefire, but hadn't seen the actual colour on the car. Prior to delivery I saw an XE IN Glacier White with a black pack on and it looked magic, so much so that I nearly changed my order, but stuck with Bluefire and now very glad I did. It really stands out and many people remark on how amazing it is. Blue is the new white, which was the new black!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Peter,

The downside of my unilateral alteration to Red has not been received favourably by she (who must be obeyed). Even if I think it looks bloody awful when I get the car, no way will I ever mention the fact- to anyone - she has ways of finding out..

Ian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.