Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , what can I say? the other day my husband decided to press the red button thinking he was putting the interior light on( I know, I know you have to open the little door etc) I wish he would wear his glasses ! now the light has stayed on red ever since he had the lovely person on the other end asking him which service he would like........ I've looked in our manual and there is no mention in there whether the light will stay on or go back off......so what I'm wondering is there a way to reset or turn the light off... TIA

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,364 Posts
He has activated emergency services (999) in the passenger side(UK) For that I read that it will be solid red light on opening the call button. When making the call it will flash amber. When not in use and the cover replaced I suspect it switches off and that is how it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has activated emergency services (999) in the passenger side(UK) For that I read that it will be solid red light on opening the call button. When making the call it will flash amber. When not in use and the cover replaced I suspect it switches off and that is how it works.
No he responded to the call from emergency service, but it is still red a week later

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think you will find it is OFF. He pressed it and it flashedd amber. That was an immediate connection to 999. They didn't call him, he activated the emergency call button. It will also go of if an airbag is deployed. If there is no answer Police, ambulance and fire will attend the GPS signal of the car.Shut the button cover and all will be OK.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
From the Handbook.
The Jaguar SOS Emergency Call feature should only be used in the event of a severe accident, or in the event that personal safety or security is at risk.

Press and release the button cover to reveal the button. The button will be illuminated by a red LED. Press the button for 2 seconds to make a direct call to the emergency services. Also, the vehicle's details and the location will automatically be supplied to them.

When a call is initiated, the button will flash amber. The button will be constantly illuminated amber during a call.

Push the button cover back into place after use.

NOTES
In the event that a severe crash is detected, the Jaguar SOS Emergency Call will be automatically triggered.
It will stay illuminatated with the cover open in case it's need in the dark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts