Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just wanted to know if you are experiencing network delays when trying to start your car or comunicate to it. I know that this is actually subject to the phone signal but if you are inside the home on wifi should this be nearly instant. To give you a idea from the moment I press start on the phone to when the car actually starts can take up to 90 secs.

Just wanted go know how you are getting on with this

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, often get network delays depending on where the car is parked. As I understand it the XE has its own embedded SIM card so is dependent on a good signal to transmit or receive InControl remote data. If the car is in a poor signal area then data transmission will be slow. If there is no signal then remote will not work at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I certainly have noticed it can take time to update the data, as mentioned it's not just your local connection but also the connection the car has as well as Jaguar servers load/setup.

I'm certain my car will be in a 2G type connection most of the time unless in a city. Don't know if anyone knows what mobile network Jaguar tend to use?

·
Registered
799 Posts
If programmed to start at certain time would the info already be in the car and therefore avoid communication error/delays?
I thought a timer/programme could be set up but maybe wrong.

Given the amount of services that they have offered remotely I am suprised they didn't go 4g route.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There should be. The car would ideally need to know something as there are safe guards in place to stop the timers if you haven't used the car after a few days or you are low on fuel.

While I would expect the mobile connection to support 4G I know my home and work locations don't have full coverage at the moment.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The connection speed is irrelevant for me as I hardly get a phone signal were the car is parked. Honestly I think a 3G signal would be sufficient as long as the car is in range.

So there is a problem to comunicate from my phone due to the poor signal plus there is problem for the car the receive no wonder there is a lag.

Anyhow it worked better today in my toilet so might just have to pop out the hand when using it in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts