·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Font Automotive design Office supplies Metal
Body jewelry Bumper Rectangle Gesture Jewellery
Automotive tire Carbon Rim Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Rectangle Electric blue Fashion accessory Font Metal

I've had the battery in one of my remote fobs replaced during the 2yr service, and have been trying to replace the battery in the other myself.
Trouble is, although I can separate 3 sides of the 2 halves of the fob easily enough, the side against the chrome edge just won't come apart. I've tried levering and sliding but the amount of bending this is imposing on side with the Jag logo risks it breaking. am I doing this wrong? The pictures on previous threads on this topic show a different fob to mine and I think the design was changed from MY20 onwards
I attach some pictures of the partly separated fob - and advice will be very welcome!

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,618 Posts
From the manual for a MY20.
Although it looks like steps 3 & 4 are reversed in the text ?.
I don't know if this helps at all ?
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you were!
I've now managed to replace the battery by just wedging the fob open as far as possible with piece of plastic and pushing out the old battery and feeding in the new one from one end, using a small screwdriver. A bit of a fiddle but it worked. Has anyone else had this problem with MY20 onwards key fobs? At 2yrs these batteries are now due for replacement.
And yes, I have seen the illustration in the manual, but the chrome strip at the rear of the fob in the 3rd illustration seems on mine to be firmly attached to the removable part of the fob.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,618 Posts
And yes, I have seen the illustration in the manual, but the chrome strip at the rear of the fob in the 3rd illustration seems on mine to be firmly attached to the removable part of the fob.
Can you pull out the emergency blade key from your fob ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I did that first, and could then easily separate the two halves of the fob on 3 sides, but not the fourth long side by the chrome strip. That seemed to be firmly attached in the middle and even quite considerable leveraging, sufficient to bend the fob half being removed to an alarming degree, wouldn't shift it.
So, as I say, I got around this by leaving the fourth side attached and wedging open the other 3 sides sufficiently for me to winkle out the old battery and insert the new one.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,618 Posts
Good old JLR consistency !
😆🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts