Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Communication Device Telephony Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device

Product Mobile device Communication Device Gadget e-book readers

Hello all,

Just joined this site as looks like there is alot of knowledgeable people here.

I purchased a Jaguar XE prestige 2.0l diesel 2016 on Sunday which I picked up Wednesday.

After picking up on Wednesday I drove about 3 miles from the dealership and the turbocharger intercooler hose popped off and the clip was broken, so was taken back to the dealer and a new one fitted.

After then picking up the car again yesterday I started driving home and within 10 minutes it popped a Restricted performance so I pulled over and turned the car off and on which made it go away. Got home absolutely fine without anymore problems.

When I arrived home I met a friend who plugged the car in to find any codes and there was quite a few on there but I was thinking maybe it was from when the hose popped off and it was limped back to the dealer

Dealer told me to just drive the car for the weekend and bring it back in Monday so they can investigate as they're closed over the weekend.

I then went out today and again within 10 mins I got the restricted performance so did the ole engine off and on again and voila it went away again.. then a few hours later after the car sat for a few hours I started driving home and like usual it hit me with restricted performance (same scenario as yesterday's which is it goes into limp within 10 mins of driving) I did the off and on again but 2 mins after pulling away it did it again. The only codes that it's giving me now is P0401 and P0299.

I know I'm covered on warranty but would really like to see if anyone has had any similar problems to try help the dealer as i really like the car and would just like the problem fixed rather than giving the car back.

Thanks in advance.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thats what the codes refer to... probably blocked or knackered EGR valve (or possibly sensor) affecting turbo performance

·
Registered
431 Posts
Did you clear the codes after the pipe came off? Could those codes be a hangover?

P0401 is more likely a blocked gauze filter on an XE rather than an EGR valve issue?

How many miles has your new car done?

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's difficult to diagnose your car from the comfort of my arm chair but I would caution about taking the codes literally, as one issue can cause a myriad of associated codes which can send you on a wild goose chase.

I would suggest you look at the wiring plugs around the turbocharger as a first point of call.

It's unfortunate your code reader doesn't have time stamps. Can you see live data to verify boost pressure and monitor the boost control sensor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's difficult to diagnose your car from the comfort of my arm chair but I would caution about taking the codes literally, as one issue can cause a myriad of associated codes which can send you on a wild goose chase.

I would suggest you look at the wiring plugs around the turbocharger as a first point of call.

It's unfortunate your code reader doesn't have time stamps. Can you see live data to verify boost pressure and monitor the boost control sensor?
Nah can't see the live data bud, I'm heading down to my old town today and my friend has a Snap on diag tablet may be able to see on that,

As for checking the wiring plugs around the turbo I guess I'm looking for loose connections etc?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are covered under warranty and can return the car as its not fit for purpose. You may void all this by doing anything to the car yourself. I understand you are only trying to help with the problem but leave well alone and return to the dealer on Monday and let them sort it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are covered under warranty and can return the car as its not fit for purpose. You may void all this by doing anything to the car yourself. I understand you are only trying to help with the problem but leave well alone and return to the dealer on Monday and let them sort it.
Appreciate the heads up bud, wasn't planning on touching the car just gather some information to help the dealer out as there will be more people here with better knowledge than the garage they use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts