Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Reverse camera quit working - car tells while starting that camera system unavailable. First time it blew the 10amp fuse and after replacing the fuse camera worked for a day before going completely dead. Fuses are now ok. I removed the boot panels and checked the harness for obvious damage but could not find one. I would like to measure that wires are ok, but it was not obvious where the other end of the loom is. The wires go into a plastic channel around the rear seat. Does anyone know how far the connector is and what more needs to be removed to get there?

It does not look that the harness would be strained when opening/closing the boot lid, thus I doubt that the harness is the problem but would like to check, since new camera would be around 300 pounds.
Best,
Mika

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got this sorted out. I had an old fashioned broken wire - nothing to do with the software. The first cable tie that is on the roof of the boot was extremely tight and the blue +12V wire was broken right after the tie. Unfortunately also the coaxial video signal cable was in pretty bad shape but luckily it is still working. Some new wire, soldering and heat shrinking tubes and everything is back in business.

Here are a couple of pics of the broken wire and the location of the cable tie in case someone experiences similar issues.

Broken power feed:
Electrical wiring Engineering Electronic component Cable Electronic engineering

Location of the brekage / cable tie.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper

Big thanks to Marks_DTM - the wiring diagram was essential!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts