Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had any luck getting this to work. It's mentioned in handbook and says the option is listed in the main menu under vehicle settings. I see no such option on my car. Has anyone else tried to get this feature working. I'm really missing it from my last car.

·
Registered
664 Posts
have you tried putting the mirror adjustment switch to the passenger side before going into reverse?

What puzzles me about the folding mirrors is......

"The mirrors can be configured to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked and unfold when unlocked. This feature can be enabled/disabled by a Retailer/Authorised Repairer."

Why isn't that option in vehicle setup? If it isn't that's the first thing I will down the dealer for them to sort out!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Isn't the memory pack for drivers seat? Power fold mirrors can be selected separately not just with the memory pack

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the power folding mirrors but no memory pack. I'd be very surprised if this had to be added just to tilt a mirror when reversing.

I have folding mirrors when I lock or unlock the car. I got it done in the dealer as part of the PDI.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi Baijar, could you say where to find what to ask the dealer to do? Mine seemed not to know about these "dealer" settings.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will find them in the owners manual. There is a symbol throughout the manual next to options that can be configured by the dealer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
At a glance I cannot see a Menu tree in the manual to check and I suspect that you have tried all routes but in the XF the Reverse Mirror dip option is within the 'Parking' sub menu.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an XE R Sport 180ps Auto without powerfold mirrors but I do have the memory pack and I get the reverse mirror dip so maybe it's associated with the memory pack? I don't have puddle lights though but on the spec that was supposed to come with the memory pack.

·
Registered
799 Posts
AndyK said:
I have an XE R Sport 180ps Auto without powerfold mirrors but I do have the memory pack and I get the reverse mirror dip so maybe it's associated with the memory pack? I don't have puddle lights though but on the spec that was supposed to come with the memory pack.
I thought it needed memory pack so it knows position to go back to. It's that way on bmws.

·
Registered
664 Posts
that's the debate I think - it does not seem to be clearly stated anywhere in options or the manual as to what are the dependencies or whether its a default capability.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That's been my issue to date with Jaguar. I don't actually know what my car should or shouldn't have/be able to do when it arrives.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just saying for info. I don't think powerful mirrors affect reverse dip as I have it but maybe dependent on memory pack as per my spec. I have 10 way electric seats, black pack, privacy glass, matrix black alloys, memory pack, dark sapphire 180ps diesel auto . Other that that standard r sport. One thing I will say but incontrol stuff doesn't work as smoothly as I'd expect. Can open some apps and the remote connect doesn't seem too responsive. Lovely car though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally, after placing my order mid December, my new XE Portfolio 180PS manual has arrived! I was really pleased to see the tan leather works so well with the stunning Bluefire livery. All round superb car... But no reverse dip option available in the vehicle settings :(( Such a shame considering no problems at all with this basic feature on my previous German cars. I've contacted JLR and hopefully they can clarify the source of the issue once and for all....

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Portfolio180 said:
Finally, after placing my order mid December, my new XE Portfolio 180PS manual has arrived! I was really pleased to see the tan leather works so well with the stunning Bluefire livery. All round superb car... But no reverse dip option available in the vehicle settings :(( Such a shame considering no problems at all with this basic feature on my previous German cars. I've contacted JLR and hopefully they can clarify the source of the issue once and for all....
It's those little touches that are overlooked in the xe v german reviews. Their standard kit is the really useful items imo

·
Registered
448 Posts
Portfolio180 said:
Congratulations: glad I'll be the only Bluefire with Sienna tan, automatic, Portfolio driver in UK :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wise choice! Sienna tan looks fab. Sadly my budget wouldn't stretch to the 8 speed auto and I'm now pondering how to approach hill starts with the manual + EPG configuration....

·
Registered
505 Posts
I find it hard to believe (and very disappointing if it is so) that auto dip mirror isn't standard. The only consolation is that with the relevant parking pack (all round sensors plus rear view cam - which I think (hope) I specced, but who can tell until the thing turns up) you can probably get away without it. Having said that, the reverse dip mirror is great for keeping the alloys away from the kerb - I find a camera (Toyota) good, but it can be misleading.

One thing that puzzles me - the BMW's all round sensors use a screen display, as is, I believe, the Jaguar system too. But, the rear view camera presumably also uses the screen - is this where the split screen comes into its own ? I can't help wondering about how much screen poking will be required to get the best out of the system.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts