Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let's hope the 25,000 are waiting for a 61 plate in September, so I can get mine sooner.

·
Registered
799 Posts
According to their own website in 2014 JLR sold a combined total worldwide 462678 with Jaguar responsible for 81570 of the total.

25000 XE'S seems like an excellent Start.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That figure of 25000 does surprise me. Yes jaguar now has a baby jag again but the fact that 25000 went on reviews and dropped a replacement BMW Audi or merc in favour is a bit unbelievable. I make up the group returning to jaguar after a brief period with an x type. Others seem to to choosing it as their very first new car.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would think the majority are either company or lease cars.
Obviously some private sales will be to those who are already Jag owners.
I think it will be late this year or early next before there are many jumping ship privately. As they will wait until it's proven.

It's a great company car in diesel format and suited me very well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Jaguar retail reports show 2 XE sales in March and 20 in April. May's report due this coming week so be interesting to see. Not sure what sale means here but suspect it's something like cars built for customers.

25000 sounds a lot but I know back in mid May dealer said they were already on about 12000. First year of Xtype was 50000 and the XE is so much more XEciting!

I'm a private buyer and already made the jump.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hate reading these figures to be brutally honest - don't want the car to be as common as early reports suggest.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know what you mean. I've been the same. When I'm on the road I'm constantly looking around for any model of jag and they are rare. It's nice to be different on the road and that's one of the reasons I chose it. After the initial burst of orders the sales figures over the next few months will be an indication of how popular it's going to be. Only way to be different then is order an S or 240 with twin pipes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be interesting to see what market share the XE manages, although I think its the sort of car to reshape the share a bit, an not just steal from BMW, Merc, etc. But, new BMW series 3 out soon, new A4 out soonish, new XF out soon, etc. etc. so its going to be a big battle.

(Oh and then there's the Ford Mondeo Vignale ... keep a straight face!)

Either way I hope the XE is the start of a mega success story for Jaguar.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see from JLR's June report they shipped 2,245 XE in June! Still a long way to go to catch up with orders though :(

Last I heard orders were over 25,000 (but that was early June so presume much higher now); guess that goes someway to explain the long delays, even if they can get up to 8,000 to 10,000 cars per month.

Mind you other than the Jag test cars I've seen on the A429 and A350 I've not actually seen another XE on the road. Much as I like that (whilst it lasts :D ) I do hope all those still waiting get some good news very soon :ymparty:

·
Registered
67 Posts
ianbruce said:
My order went in 15th June, delivery estimated at 15th September - but dealer can't give a firm date ! Sounds like they are adding 3 months from order - we'll see !
My order date was 31st May with an estimated delivery of 1st September, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is a company car order. I suffered from some serious German fatigue after 16 years with BMWs and Audi's (though great cars, ruthlessly efficient blah blah). I wanted something different, non German, that would excite me again but be at least close to German refinement. I was prepared to take a punt on it based solely on its looks, heritage/DNA and prototype reviews. To be honest I think this car will be extremely successful for Jaguar. I believe the company car driver has been yearning for a genuine alternative to the Germans for some time...and now we have it

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.