Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one really irritating fault on my sat nav... It insists on reading road numbers as if they were three or four digit numbers. Er, what I mean by that is that I don't mind being told to turn left onto the "A fifty six"; but the "A five thousand one hundred and twenty-seven"? I'd MUCH prefer to be told "A five one two seven".

What do others think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree about the road numbers, it'll take some getting used to. I don't think anyone would normally give out road numbers in the way the sat nav does. I also find it irritating that every instruction is prefaced by "please", I'd rather have a peremptory instruction to turn left, right or whatever, but I suppose the car is just being polite to its owner!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fully agree. I was also amused at the 'half-turn left'. What on earth is that mean to be?

·
Registered
799 Posts
lol I cant wait for mine to arrive now (31st July) just to experience this.

But can it be turned off?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could be worse, she could say "Thank you" after every instruction is followed :))

Has anybody heard about the Map updating process of the SD card as of yet? Like how many free upgrades we're allowed etc?

·
Registered
799 Posts
sammyz said:
Could be worse, she could say "Thank you" after every instruction is followed :))

Has anybody heard about the Map updating process of the SD card as of yet? Like how many free upgrades we're allowed etc?
Women don't say thank you.

As for updates I'd assume for as long as warranty as that's how long the incontrol subscription lasts.

For updates it's a shame they did not make them stream able like others are now

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree about the road numbers. Mine also has a glitch whereby if the arrival time is midday, or thereabouts it says that you will arrive at midnight.
The clock is set up correctly before anyone says it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts