Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are quite a few out there who want to update the earlier sat navs but haven't been able to. Well they are back @ £97GBP. I have done mine today. I had an email from JLR Navi to say they were available again. You will beed to download the "Downloader" programme and then follow the instructions. Your old account is still valid if you have done it before or you can set up an account if you haven't one.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry missed it as I was busy updating banks and CC accounts and hospital visits and just missed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are quite a few out there who want to update the earlier sat navs but haven't been able to. Well they are back @ £97GBP. I have done mine today. I had an email from JLR Navi to say they were available again. You will beed to download the "Downloader" programme and then follow the instructions. Your old account is still valid if you have done it before or you can set up an account if you haven't one.
Did your update work? It doesn't seem to for me (2017 XE R Sport). I took the SD card out, followed the instructions in the updater application but when I put the SD card back in the car it still shows the old version (26.1.9780) not v31.4.11782. If it has worked and just not updated the version number in the car, it's a bit disappointing because it's missing all the roads around my house that were built five years ago!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you sign into your account? At first I thought I had a freebie as it looked to be updating. Go to your account or open one via the updater installer. Then click on updates and it will tell you whether you have some. Mine did, obviously. Then it asks you to agree to policy etc and then goes to payment. Once payment is made it will carry you through several satges. I only downloaded UK and Ireland as I doubt I will be driving on the Continent or in Russia. The download I wanted took about 10 minutes. If you want the whole lot it will take quite a while. There were 4 areas to choose initially and my account should be there along with payment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I signed in before buying the update, paid then picked most of Western Europe to install. But the download bar was filled immediately and the install bar only took a second or two before that page closed and it went to the next page saying install complete.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good news that you can now get an update.

Something I did when I had my 2015 car with the SD card and I think is definitely worthwhile is to copy the files on the original to another card and put the original somewhere safe. The copied card will work just the same as the original. You can then use the copy for any updates and are protected against the possibility of corrupting the original. I have no idea if you would still be able to get a fresh copy off the website but I suspect they would would charge for a new one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did your update work? It doesn't seem to for me (2017 XE R Sport). I took the SD card out, followed the instructions in the updater application but when I put the SD card back in the car it still shows the old version (26.1.9780) not v31.4.11782. If it has worked and just not updated the version number in the car, it's a bit disappointing because it's missing all the roads around my house that were built five years ago!
Mine doesn't work either , says " you have the latest maps" when clearly I haven't.

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
293 Posts
Unfortunately it's not an easy upgrade for me either. I can browse the contents of the SD card fine but the desktop installer refuses to recognise it. Same in a laptop.
These installs are fiddly to say the least. I have given up now. The 'new' update from Jaguar is behaving as it did last time I tried this a couple of months ago..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine doesn't work either , says " you have the latest maps" when clearly I haven't.
Sort of glad it’s not just me! I spoke to live chat on the Jag website yesterday, first guy told me I needed to subscribe to here.com, which seems to only be for people with Touch Pro and live updates. Second person was more helpful, asked me to send an email with screenshots and pictures showing what I’ve tried. Hopefully they’ll get back to me in a day or two, will share any fix they offer!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure why you are experiencing trouble. Stop adblockers for the process and shut all other programs down.Install the new installer.Once loaded the updater will show.Sign into your account or open one. Insert SD card. Wait and it will test for updates.Click check for updates. Then (from memory) you will get a screen to tick two boxes to accept terms etc or the options of what countries you want. I only wanted UK. That inc Ireland and Faroes were pre ticked. I may be wrong in the sequences but you will be asked what.It will ask for confirmation of address and payment method. Complete payment. Click install and wait. Installation will complete and the residual and used memory will show at the side in a box. Click finish. About 6 hours later a receipt will be sent to your email address. BEAR IN MIND these sequences are from memory and may differ in order from what I have written. Take your time and read all intsructions carefully. The more you down load the longer it takes. Mine took around 10-15 mins.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
But what happens if you pay your £97 and it doesn't work or the new map is no different to the old one? Can you get your money back?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I doubt it. It does state the new version code though. I doubt if any new "woke" name street will show, just the old ones. If it doesn't download and you have paid by credit card or paypal it's possible to get a refund under the banking and Paypal rules. The test for me will come when I get about a bit on new roads that were fields about 5 years back.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No I doubt it. It does state the new version code though. I doubt if any new "woke" name street will show, just the old ones. If it doesn't download and you have paid by credit card or paypal it's possible to get a refund under the banking and Paypal rules. The test for me will come when I get about a bit on new roads that were fields about 5 years back.
Bung in a street name or latitude/longitude from Google Earth and see what comes up. Be interesting to know if they are the latest maps. I remember when I got an update for mine when JLR had a rush of blood to the head and offered a freebie a few years ago. The maps were at least 2 years out of date. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to Map Update App, I am on v31.4.11782.
Does anyone know how up to date this is?
New Build houses and streets from 2019 not included. New Roundabouts and layout changes from 2018 do not seem to be included.
Have I been duped out of £97?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
31.4.11782 is the latest from Naviextras. (JLR) I doubt if new build will be there yet as many areas are still only in the planning stage even though some roads are completed.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
According to Map Update App, I am on v31.4.11782.
Does anyone know how up to date this is?
New Build houses and streets from 2019 not included. New Roundabouts and layout changes from 2018 do not seem to be included.
Have I been duped out of £97?
Nothing has changed with card updates then it seems. They always used to be at least 2 years out of date, then nowt from 2018 until they unexpectedly produced this latest one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The latest map being offered is 2021 Q4.

25.3.9550 Sept 2016 (2015 Q3)
26.1.9780 Feb 2017 (2016 Q1)
26.3.9908 June 2017 (2016 Q3)
27.1.10033 Sept 2018 (2017 Q1)
27.3.10292 Dec 2018 (2017 Q3)
28.1.10507 May 2019 (2018 Q1)
28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4)
31.4.11782 July 2022 (2021 Q4)

Regards John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts