Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone has pulled the SD card out and tried to update it yet? I tried but it wouldn't update with the software on my machine it kept saying "connecting to Jaguar... " or similar. I'm hoping they update the satnav as there are a few issues.

On a side note, what are Jaguar like a fixing bugs / issues on cars? The start / stop needs about another second adding as it cuts out far too quickly for my liking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
not sure about the Sat Nav but if Start Stop is like XF then i have always found it fine. even if it cuts out and you immediately need to start, lifting foot from brake restarts it instantly.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It took a while for me to notice it was even doing it as it's so quiet at idle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
u2_storm said:
I wondered if anyone has pulled the SD card out and tried to update it yet? I tried but it wouldn't update with the software on my machine it kept saying "connecting to Jaguar... " or similar. I'm hoping they update the satnav as there are a few issues.
Just ran the updater myself as I was curious, I found the app did spend quite a bit of time "connecting to Jaguar" but in the end it gave me this.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Clicking about doesn't do anything which makes me think theres nothing available at the moment. A message saying there aren't any updates would be less confusing I'd think.

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
They were not overly generous with the SD card storage capacity were they.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
So are we entitled to free updates and if so how do we get them? is there an app we need to download for this to work?

·
Registered
799 Posts
As far as I know it's same as incontrol free for duration of warranty.

·
Registered
185 Posts
On collection today the Sat Nav failed to work. Service manager removed SD card and refitted same, then made a further adjustment in the workshop,
(re-booted unit?). Now fully functioning and Jaguar have been informed about the glitch.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Go to website address in manual- For updates to the Navigation system's maps, visit: http://www.jaguar.com/map-updates/incontrol-touch, where there are Windows and Mac versions of updater program to download.
That's as far as I have gone pending delivery of car but assume this will get you to screen printed by sammyz above and allow sd card to be updated as and when a map update is available. No clue as to frequency; annually?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just thought I'd mention there is an update out for the nav - it's only described as "Speech, English" or something like that (didn't take a screenshot!).

FYI if you're using the updater on a Mac, it is painfully slow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nc_xe said:
Just thought I'd mention there is an update out for the nav - it's only described as "Speech, English" or something like that (didn't take a screenshot!).

FYI if you're using the updater on a Mac, it is painfully slow.
Thanks nc,

Can't see anything yet, I'm assuming the update shows up once the App has done it's check?

·
Registered
45 Posts
sammyz said:
Thanks nc,

Can't see anything yet, I'm assuming the update shows up once the App has done it's check?
No problem.
For me it went like this:

- Open app
- App connects to InControl
- App asks for SD card to be inserted
- App connects again... takes a long time doing so
- App shows either the "Free Updates" (which seems to mean no new updates, or shows the TTS update I saw on Friday and asks you to apply it

It's a fairly sluggish affair (again with the caveat that I'm on a mac), and it briefly buggered the nav in the car (after the update, the car didn't think nav was activated) until I took the card out for about an hour and put it back in.

·
Registered
664 Posts
as its "speech" does it fix the road name/number announcements so it reads digits rather than numeric values? ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
SiblingChris said:
as its "speech" does it fix the road name/number announcements so it reads digits rather than numeric values? ;)
Or remove "please" from every instruction?

G

·
No updates showing for my sd card. It shows I have 1714mb spare, the screen shot on page one shows 1246mb. Surely we must all have the same data? Wonder what my sd card is missing? Or maybe things get saved to the card during use? Anyhow the update program seems to work, it recognised the sd card but simply has Free Update and a white down arrow, doesn't do anything. Can't see a notify me of updates option - that would be nice. My old Garmin does that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
SiblingChris said:
It's a bit random
M20 is M20 and not M two zero

Half left/right is the oddest instruction
It's either next left or not no one looks for a half left

Had a straight over at junction which told me go left then immediately right!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know someone was asking about the satnav re-routing when it detected traffic... I can confirm it does work I drove up your Yorkshire at the weekend and it kicked in 3 times.

On a side note I drove up in "Eco" mode all the way apart from the last 30 miles when it dropped me out of eco and wouldn't let me choose any other mode apart from the normal mode, tried the next day and it was working fine - all very odd.

I've now done 1000 miles in the car and it's sounding much better from when I first got it(200 petrol)

1 - 20 of 218 Posts