Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XE was supposed to be with the dealer on Friday, but didn't turn up and is now expected 'Monday or Tuesday'. I can only sympathise as it must be a chore to get a car from the plant at Solihull to the dealer at...err...Solihull. Maybe the delivery driver was using the JLR satnav discussed in other threads here... One delivery must have made it though, as they had a good few XEs there with no plates on and plastic on the doors.

Anyway, I got to thinking about seats and have seen a lot of people reporting that they have upgraded seats without ordering them. I haven't noticed anyone reporting they have received standard 8x8 seats, but could easily have missed it. Assuming I've been paying attention (unlikely), what are the odds I'll be the first to get 'ordinary' seats?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Afraid I think I've beaten you to that award. Mine arrived with mechanical seats on the 23rd July - c'est la vie!

163 prestige IRR

On the positive side just returned from Jaguar "track day" in Harrogate. Really nice hotel with lunch. A couple of hot laps around a track in an F type - unfortunately I wasn't driving!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, just curious - how do you get an invite to a track day ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cymro said:
Afraid I think I've beaten you to that award. Mine arrived with mechanical seats on the 23rd July - c'est la vie!

163 prestige IRR

On the positive side just returned from Jaguar "track day" in Harrogate. Really nice hotel with lunch. A couple of hot laps around a track in an F type - unfortunately I wasn't driving!
Damn - Another dream cast amongst the discarded stubby pencils on the unswept Ladbrokes floor of life - I can't even come first at losing!

Sounds like a good day in Harrogate

·
Registered
799 Posts
My r sport gets delivered this Friday will see what I get

·
Registered
63 Posts
Spud211 said:
I think/thought the seat issues were for R-Sport seats only - but could have been wrong! Let us know what you get when it turns up though :)
I think it was across the whole range: my SE 200 petrol was delivered 13 July with 10x10 electric seats (which I hadn't specified) at no extra charge.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I got impatient so emailed Jag this morning to find out about seats. Good news for me anyway

Hi Toby

Hope you are well?

We will set up your incontrol this side for you before Friday (it's a little early yet) and you will then receive an activation email to complete the set up, but we do the majority of it here - you do not need the VIN number we'll do that side of it

With regards to the seats, you are quite right in that some cars have been upgraded free of charge to 10X10 way electric seats which your XE has got!!

Hope this helps

I will call you once we have done the incontrol side of things

Hope this is ok

Kind regards

Vicki Knight
Corporate Sales Manager
Guy Salmon Jaguar Coventry

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hoodedman said:
Hey, just curious - how do you get an invite to a track day ?
Don't know really, perhaps the salesman just likes me! He said they'd been contacted by Jaguar to say they had a few places left at the event. He got in touch with me and at short notice I said I could make it.

From what the organisers were saying yesterday there are further events over the next couple of weeks - perhaps worth a call to your dealership?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mines an R Sport so they were added to mine foc

Seats and meridian were the bits I wanted from portfolio so now only one bit short ☺

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mekonmcfc said:
Picked mine up today 163 prestige with electric seats
Same spec as mine, delivery times virtually identical, you got the seats and I didn't :(
Well done to you - I wonder if I didn't get them because I'm Welsh!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.