Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have two - one for up/down, forward/back, cushion tilt and another for seatback angle. How that adds up to 10x10 I don't know.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A guess based on recall of other thread.
Your 4 movements each way gives 8, plus headrest up and down gives 10.
Lumbar and seat length each way gives 14
2 seats plus artistic (marketing) licence gives 10x10 and 14x14.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is correct, Jaguar counts the headrest manual up and down as part of the 10 or 14 movements.

As told in another thread, the XE may also be fitted with the lumbar adjustement (which counts as 4 movements) and the "full-featured" seats also have seat length adjustement (counts as 2) and side cushions inflating/deflating (counts as 2 as well) which means that the max number of movements is 18.

@Bluefire65 : I never understood why Jaguar calls it 10x10 or 14x14 but you nailed it, that's because there's two seats. Brilliant marketing indeed. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
From memory, the lumbar adjustment is an add-on to the 10 *10. I think it is rated as an extra 4 adjustments per seat - support up/down and cushion inflate/deflate. That's how it is counted on my Series 1 BMW and I can't imagine Jaguar wanting to be less "creative" than the opposition. However, when they are talking electrically adjusted seats, I don't see how they can include manual adjustment of the headrest- Trade Descriptions and all that ! I seem to remember someone in the Forum mentioning that the cushion extension is electric too, as is the steering wheel height and extension, but how this all fits into the the 14* 14 description I fail to understand. As ever, I'm sure the information is out there somewhere but finding a rational description of it is another matter.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
This has been covered on the forum.
From memory lumber has to be specified as well,but the pdf helps explain things.

·
Registered
448 Posts
gsb1970 said:
This has been covered on the forum.
From memory lumber has to be specified as well,but the pdf helps explain things.
Yes, true and as above, it's not headrest that takes 10 to 14, it's the 4 way lumbar support, which is an optional extra on 10x10

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sorry thought question was if 14x14 come with lumber....I'm getting old and the text on my phone is looking sooo small :ymblushing:

·
Registered
664 Posts
gsb1970 said:
Sorry thought question was if 14x14 come with lumber....I'm getting old and the text on my phone is looking sooo small :ymblushing:
14x14 seats include lumbar support

·
Registered
664 Posts
confirmed on my leasedrive order with the dealer - my order is a Portfolio, adding lumbar on its own to the portfolio seats which are 10x10 electric by default was more than going to 14x14 so I had to check with them. if you go to the online configurator and select 14x14 seats and try and add lumbar it warns you it will remove them and default back to 10x10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts