Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very excited about getting my XE albeit it's a long way off (currently late Oct). I read all the posts on this forum with interest but of late with a growing sense of sadness! I completely agree that poorly communicated delays, panel gaps, dealer service, USB sockets, no folding rear seats etc are genuine and understandable grips but the general consensus from those lucky few who have taken delivery is that the car is brilliant and worth the wait. Having been on other forums waiting for other new cars to be delivered to me, none of these issues are exclusive to Jaguar, they are just a frustrating fact of life. This is just an observation of course and not a slight on anyone posting issues but I now get a little "fizz" when the post topic is a positive one!! I'll now run for cover and wait t be shot down.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*gripes!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ive noticed a growing trend of poor parking in XE photos.

Can any XE driver hit the middle of a parking bay?

:ymparty:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed LeeW, and I appreciate I've been one of the worst offenders. My delivery is scheduled for Friday and I am so much looking forward to getting behind the wheel, I ordered from book without even seeing one and still haven't driven one.

Assuming all goes well I promise I'll be back with photos and gushingly positive reports :) :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
You are right, but having offloaded on the forum and fed back these concerns to Jaguar, it does seem that someone there is now trying to obtain delivery information on my behalf. My frustrations are borne out of really wanting this car, my first new car in many years, and my first ever Jaguar.
My happiest post on the forum will be when I collect my car.
Thanks for your tolerance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't criticise anyone who's had a moan, well justified I'd say in the main! Just a little reminder that the car is very good and other premium manufacturers have the same issues. I could bore you with tales of my 15 visits to the garage with my current "premium" BMW which is only 2 years old with 14k miles. Hoping the XE will be an improvement on this!

·
Registered
799 Posts
LeeW to be fair if every other car was perfect and the XE wasn't brilliant no one would be here.

Many here are new to Jaguar and a good few of those have decided to leave their current premium car supplier.

Of course every manufacturer has defects and every one sells a lemon but of course this only ever affects you personally if you end up with it.

My current car is my best ever by a mile and has been best in its class for as long as I can remember. It was more expensive than the XE I've ordered but is now ancient. It's nothing like the XE so I shouldn't compare them but of course it's impossible not to. The XE is light years ahead in so many ways yet behind in others in relation to my 10 year old car.

I'm excited beyond belief as my XE is only days away (I think) but also disappointed at my first Jaguar experience which to date has consisted of poor/miss information and a pretty shambolic customer service. Yes every positive post from happy XE owners puts a smile on my face but then every call that's not returned or email that goes unanswered causes some frustration. I genuinely get better service in Argos.......
I'm quite sure some of you have had that with German dealers but as my experience has been great I obviously make a different comparison.

We are ALL here for the same reason, just perhaps not all of us have the patience of a saint. So what better way to kill some time other than scrutinise every single XE component.

This forum and it's members are a god send. I've learnt 99% of my XE knowledge here from you guys and for that I'm grateful.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to agree, this jaguar will be my 19th new car (company cars) and throughout all the different models I've had I've always had issues with brand new cars. Not all of them but I'd say 60%. Not necessarily big faults but rattles from door casings or panel gaps. Yes I've had some software issues cars going into limp home mode etc.
But it was usually when the model was a brand new model. Which is expected.
I'm looking forward to the XE more than any other car. And I'm sure I'll be more than happy when it arrives.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a delivery date of 30th September. I spoke to the Jaguar customer relationship centre about 2 weeks ago and they said they would ring me back the next day. They didn't but I visit the forum at least twice a day and seeing the dissatisfaction from many of us and decided not to ring them back until after I return from holiday, mid August, as I see no point in getting myself all jumped up. This is the most expensive car that I will drive to date and never thought I would have a Jaguar. I have not driven one yet but the feedback from those that have them has been very positive on the whole. Yes I am frustrated at lack of info but I thinkthat most dealers are between a rock and a hard place. I stop at a dealer at least twice a week to look at the ones there, yes I know it's sad but I am very excited. I don't want this experience to a be a bad one so I am being patient and reasonable about the situation. Misinformation is a no no and for some of us it seems to raise the blood pressure. I feel lucky that I have got the chance to get a car like this as so many will not be as lucky. That's what I tell myself to keep it real. I hope we all get our cars in good time. Most people that have had delivery have said that it is a great car, so I will wait with anticipation at the prospect of being a Jag driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.