Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are Service Plans available for the petrol versions of the car please?
The 5 Year Plans advertised on Jaguar websites specify (in the everso small print) that they are for diesels only.
Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the impression that Jaguar are geared-up to sell loads of diesels, and a handful of petrols to a few eccentrics!
The demand for petrol cars seems to have caught them out quite badly.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Copied from Sturgess Jaguar (posted elsewhere in the forum)

Hi guys to answer your question about the petrol service plan we received this today hot off the press if you need any more help please ask for me Ben Love

Petrol V6 S Engine
3 years, 48,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Customer price: £659
Up to 3 services following standard 1 year/ 16,000 mile servicing interval

GTDi Petrol 2L Engine
3 years, 30,000 miles (whichever occurs first) Customer price: £475
3 services following standard 1 year/ 10,000 mile servicing intervals

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thank you Ben from Sturgess.
Those prices appear to be reasonable, but the service intervals on the 2L are a bit last century , and serve to confirm that the Ford unit has been around for a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If any more details become available I will let you know

Thanks

Ben Love
Sturgess Jaguar

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's included in the standard service?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Checked with my dealer, the service plan includes everything that is on their service schedule covering the 3 year period including brake fluid change (year 2) and oils etc. Doesn't include items that are due to wear and tear like brake pads. In fact no different to a service that you might purchase from year to year. The only difference is, you know with the three year plan, what the cost is up front.
Benefit for you: it's a fixed price for the three years, even though labour rates, oils etc. may increase in price.
Benefit for the dealer: they receive the full 3 year service cost up front with a guaranteed customer base. Not sure if the plan is transferable between dealers - will investigate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for that. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is interesting. I am looking at 36 month PCN figures for an XE 2.0 Prestige. The monthly cost for a maintenance plan is £33.58 which is over £1200 for the 3 years. I hope that covers consumables such as tyres.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's brilliant value, as I never left the Mercedes service desk without a bill for at least £400 on each of its annual visits.

(C180 blue motion)

I'll be biting their hand off for that !

·
Registered
741 Posts
Totally bemused.

From the website options, 'standard mileage' service pack, £475.

Our 5 year 50,000 mile pack includes:
• Two scheduled services (2 years/21k miles & 4 years/42k miles)
• MOT Protect - cover for up to £750 worth of repairs per MOT for years 3, 4 & 5
• 1 brake fluid change
• Unlimited AdBlu top-ups up to mileage threshold

I think I'd still want to get the oil changed years one and three, but that seems very cheap compared to £1200 for three years. What am I missing?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also isn't the first MOT moving from year 3 to year 4?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I spoke to the dealer today. Maintenance contract on the personal contract basically covers everything: service, tyres, brakes et al.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've been advised of the following for a 200 petrol...

£475 for a 3 year service plan with 3 services and max. 30k miles.

Mileage seems a little low (misinformed on 36k maybe?) and can't get an extension to my estimated 45k miles over that period.

However, the first 3 services are quoted as £250 / £328 / £250 = £828, so service plan will always be worth taking.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,433 Posts
Maybe it's service plan offer day?
I had an email this morning offering service cover for £445 I think.
On mine the service intervals are every two years so the offer covered its first service in 2017 and the second in 2019.
As I don't intend to keep it that long it should only have maybe one service with me so I won't be taking it up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Diesel plan = two services or four years
Petrol plan = three services or three year both same price if from jaguar. Some dealers have their own. £475ish

·
Registered
741 Posts
Does the petrol really have service intervals of one year/10,000 miles?

I didn't take up the diesel plan as I would probably only get one service out of it. I'll be paying for intermediate oil changes either way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts