Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully picking my XE up tomorrow and my thoughts have turned to some of the details. What's the consensus on the fixed-price plans? I'm guessing that they should be a good deal, but can't see any info on what a service costs by itself (Should be about £3.50 from the look of the 21k schedule: Renew engine oil and filter; Check/top-up windscreen washer reservoir; Check/replace brake fluid if more that 2 years old. It seems they don't even lubricate the door hinges!).

I suspect the value for money also turns on the cost of Adblue for diesel versions, as at their quoted usage of 1L per 1000miles, that's 50L of Adblue over a 50,000 mile plan. At £5/L (Halfords), that's £250 by itself, but I bet the Jaguar version is more than that and they could make a fuss over any relevant warranty claims if you didn't use theirs.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Skinflint said:
Hopefully picking my XE up tomorrow and my thoughts have turned to some of the details. What's the consensus on the fixed-price plans? I'm guessing that they should be a good deal, but can't see any info on what a service costs by itself (Should be about £3.50 from the look of the 21k schedule: Renew engine oil and filter; Check/top-up windscreen washer reservoir; Check/replace brake fluid if more that 2 years old. It seems they don't even lubricate the door hinges!).

£3.50! Sounds like a bargain!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Package for petrol variants is same price but for 3 services - 3 years. XF cost about £800 for first 3 services; so appears to be a bargain, especially as chucked in for free, if there is such a thing when buying a new car (R sport seats aside).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are the service plans available on petrol models now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I need to have a chat with my dealer. What was the cost and coverage?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Halo. I'll check with the dealer if this applies to the S as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What is the servicing regime for 180d? Is it usage based and car tells you when it's due?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to pick up an old thread - My local jaguar garage (Strathstone) are saying the service plan is on 180d is £475 which covers 2 services at 20,000 miles per interval (or 2 years whichever is sooner) - this excluded AdBlue top ups between services.

Jaguar.co.uk service website says £475 which is a 5 year plan, 50,000 miles but also says AdBlue top-ups within the service plan mileage limit for diesel engine derivatives only

I am leasing for 3 years 42,000 miles so only expect 2 services, so not a huge difference for me apart from AdBlue top ups - question does anyone have any real life experience of top ups on a service plan and does this match your deals???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi all

Had the first service on my 240 petrol today

Quoted cost for an 'A' service is £320, which I thought was outrageous!

However I have instead gone for the service plan, three services (presumably 'A', 'B' then 'A') for £475

I was pleased I could opt for this on the day!

I also pointed out the condensation in the high level brake light and can confirm that this is not 'normal' as other dealers may have pointed out to forum members, but in fact jaguar are currently suspecting a faulty batch of components and collecting chassis numbers. There may be a recall in the pipe so the service manager told me.

Also had the recall on the generator harness carried out and they have ordered in a replacement set of 'rear wheel arch trims' (the little stubby plastic bits in front of the back wheels) as one was hanging off (I left it for them to see) and one was missing.

Al in all excellent service!

For those that are interested there is a jag reference on the sheet re the rear brake light, I'll post this when I get near to the sheet tomorrow

Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.