Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pleasantly surprised to find I could activate Siri on my iPhone by using the voice contact button on steering wheel.

But with the new iOS update this week that seems to have broken.

Its a shame because now Siri + Apple Music gives the "Spotify" experience I have been missing from in-car music.

Anyone else using Siri with voice control in-car?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I use it all the time to read me emails, send iMessages, etc without having to touch the phone whilst driving. I too updated to iOS 8.4.

The secret is *not* to press the Voice contact button on the steering wheel. Just turn the volume down on the audio system a little (so you can just about hear the radio) and say 'Hey Siri'. It then comes through the car's audio system and works perfectly, although you do seem to have to talk more clearly then you do when interacting with the phone directly.

As I'm sure you know, to enable the 'Hey Siri' function the iPhone must be on charge. If you are anything like me you have to put it on charge as soon as you get in the car anyway. I'm using the standard Apple USB/Lightning cable.

I hope Jaguar will roll out out software updates between services to stay up to date.

Hope that helps.

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts