Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully you've now seen the pics - what do you think?

The rear is growing on me, when I first saw it I wasn't sure, just something about it, the lights I think..

The rest looks ace, though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I share your view Rob, though the rear end is those pics looks way better than in the official launch pictures. Also, on the video the car looks better. So I'm hoping in the flesh the lines show better. Keen to see how it looks in other colours though and wondering when the more powerful diesel is launched.

Let's see what they reveal on the 2nd of October before I commit to anything...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Disappointed with the inside. Does not appear as luxurious as my XF.
I would imagine that with like for like, leather, diesel, auto it will work out to be more expensive than a similar specked XF

·
Registered
123 Posts
Certainly a good looking car , The Bristol dealer mentioned the xe will be about 5k cheaper than a xf but I am not to sure, if the base price for a manual petrol is 27000 , then on top i would want the most powerful diesel, and an auto
Then the colour i choose would be extra , then cream leather is extra , reversing censors loads extra as you have to
Have camera and self parking , 19 inch wheels could be extra plus this and that youre looking at nearly
£40,0000
If thats the case i may consider an xf , I bet they will be discounting them as well plus i could have it a lot sooner , anyway lets wait and see

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some very good deals on the XF at the moment. I think with the discounts being offered you could get one for less than an equivilant XE.I can only assume the plan is to move the XF further up market and price it accordingly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Geoff 11 said:
Certainly a good looking car , The Bristol dealer mentioned the xe will be about 5k cheaper than a xf but I am not to sure, if the base price for a manual petrol is 27000 , then on top i would want the most powerful diesel, and an auto
Then the colour i choose would be extra , then cream leather is extra , reversing censors loads extra as you have to
Have camera and self parking , 19 inch wheels could be extra plus this and that youre looking at nearly
£40,0000
If thats the case i may consider an xf , I bet they will be discounting them as well plus i could have it a lot sooner , anyway lets wait and see
i have to agree with you i have the portfoilio xf ,been looking at the price for the xe and to get near the spec of my xf in the xe is around the £40.000 ,at present there are some good deals on for the xf ,it is getting a revamp in the not too distant future (so i have been informed )but it is also going to be longer, i want a smaller car the xe is just the right size for me , but i will have to see it in the flesh before i part with my cash,

·
Registered
3 Posts
My next car will be smaller than my XF portfolio.
Initial impressions are that the XE externally looks great, but the interior doesn't look as special as my XF.
Also, the XE portfolio spec. still needs more options (and cost) to bring it up to the XF level of comfort and convenience.

Be careful Jaguar, you may be in danger of losing some loyal XF owners.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am now starting to look around for different options for my next car ,i am really disapointed with the spec of the xe,i have seen at present , i think all the teasers and the hype prior to the launch of the xe was way over the top,(or maybe i was just expecting too much,t)he more i see the xe it is staring to look like a 3 series. to be honest unless you are going to spend around £42000 you dont seem to get much , am i right in saying i can only spec 17 inch wheels on the configurator?? although i wanted a smaller car and wanted to stay with jaguar it looks like the xe might be a massive downgrade from my portfolio xf,i would probably be better off keeping my xf a bit longer to see what comes to the market or maybe getting a new xf ,at present i dont know which way to go .. i was totally impressed with the xf when it was launched for looks drive luxury and comfort cant see the xe coming anywere near it for me .

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I can tell it's 17" alloys for all but the XE-S which seems a bit strange. Particularly when that can be specced with 18, 19 or 20" wheels!

I think 17 will look far too small when you see how it looks in the press shots with 20" wheels on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thats exactly what i was thinking ,i prefer 19 inch wheels . so if i do go ahead and place my order for the xe i would want 19 inch wheels ,like you say the 17 inch is way too small (for me anyway ) so thats even more money to spec the car ,if you go for a portfoilio you dont get anywere near the toys you get with the xf portfoilio...the xe was being promoted to be the affordable baby jag ,but looks like it will be the same if not more expensive than the superior xf once specced !!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
keith said:
i am now starting to look around for different options for my next car ,i am really disapointed with the spec of the xe,i have seen at present , i think all the teasers and the hype prior to the launch of the xe was way over the top,(or maybe i was just expecting too much,t)he more i see the xe it is staring to look like a 3 series. to be honest unless you are going to spend around £42000 you dont seem to get much , am i right in saying i can only spec 17 inch wheels on the configurator?? although i wanted a smaller car and wanted to stay with jaguar it looks like the xe might be a massive downgrade from my portfolio xf,i would probably be better off keeping my xf a bit longer to see what comes to the market or maybe getting a new xf ,at present i dont know which way to go .. i was totally impressed with the xf when it was launched for looks drive luxury and comfort cant see the xe coming anywere near it for me .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Code:
Alan said:
keith said:
I agree entirely. With the exception of the petrol SE I can't see it competing with the 3 series.
I place a forward order some months ago but I am now considering asking for my deposit back and will probably go for my third XF

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the next XF will be significantly more expensive than the current one which will ensure there is a gap between the two models. Auto car have just posted that the XF is expected to grow in size too: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/larger-lighter-jaguar-xf-launch-2015

What Car posted this yesterday as well; The Jaguar XE will not be discounted to the same extent as rivals such as the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-Class, because production volumes will be kept far lower, company boss Dr Ralf Speth has said. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jaguar-plans-keep-xe-discounts-low/1316177

·
Registered
26 Posts
obviously when the new generation xf comes out which will probably be 2106 it will be more expensive,it also going to be bigger,the xf is an excellent car but i would now prefer something a little smaller ,i can easily see jaguar starting to price themselves too highly,and there sales will reduce i am still going to see the xe in the flesh before i get my deposit back ,i have had three xf's now with no problems i maybe could get another or try another c class ,(but i have a few issues with the new c class),,i have never ever got a way with the drive of the 3 series. so relly i dont know what to do,but i can really see the xe being not a lot of car for a lot of money.i i have heard that there is going to be an open night in wakefield to pre view the xe before it goes on show in the showrooms i will keep you posted if, i get the invite that has been mentioned to me .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done a comparison between the XE portfolio 240 PS diesel and the new C class 250 diesel sport premium estate (which looks nicer than the saloon and is more practical).

Like for like, the Merc. beats the Jag hands down on price, engine emmisions, economy, road tax etc. Incidentally it's only a few kilos heavier than the XE, so where's the benefit in an all aluminium body??

I'd like to buy another Jag and my heart says the XE, but it looks overpriced at the moment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have to agree with you my sentiments exactly,i want to keep a jaguar ,and had high hopes for the xe ,but the more i see of it ,it does not look like a proper jaguar to me !!!!! i have just had an e mail from jaguar inviting me to a viiewing of the xe on the 7 th november in wakefied (the nearest location for me ) ther are a few locations around the uk for the vip viewing mine came from the xe site,but think my local dealer may have had something to do with it also,so i will be going down to see it and make my mind up ,to see if i thnik it will be worth parting with my 2012 3.0d portfolio and parting with around £20,000 in cash as well.i will report back with my opinion i really hope it is a good car as i have been waiting ages to see it ,at least i will now be put out of my misery if i dont want one i can then look elsewere and have a new car much earlier !!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.