Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh dear. Have you had a test drive yet?
During my test drive I opened the Sunroof and what you see on the video is as far back the glass goes.
However I have seen a video with a person standing up inside the XE with his head and upper body thro' the roof, so I suppose it can't be as bad as it looks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the panoramic sunroof is a strange one. You can really only go by the size of the hole in your roof lining. The sunroof is much larger than this and from the outside gives you the impression of being to see through half the roof from the inside. I still think it will add some much needed light into the darker colour cabins.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think you may have got that wrong.

If you are referring to the lens above the Jaguar on the grill, then that is the forward facing camera.

Jaguar's Adaptive Cruise Control is now based on Delphi Delco Electronics Systems' Forewarn & reg; microwave radar technology and I believe you will find that the small dome on the top of the dashboard in the centre is utilised to house the aerial to detect vehicles in front of the car.

Grille Automotive exterior Bumper Rim Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope I am wrong but look at this youtube video at 4:21
. This looks more like the front facing camera to me.

Now look at the ACC on the xf sportsbrake

This seems to confirm that this front grill badge awkwardness on the ACC video is likely to be caused by the ACC

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes I agree, what you point out is the front facing camera (used in conjunction with Park Assist).

Can you explain further please. The XE doesn't have that plate that is shown in your photo of the XF, so I don't quite understand your use of "front grill badge awkwardness"

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ah, what you're seeing there is a pre production XE using a plastic plate to locate the Jaguar badge on the grill. Look at the video you uploaded at the point you specify that plate has disappeared!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I see what you mean about the plate behind the Jag emblem - now I hope I'm right ! But look at this video. At 0:50 and 8:21 it shows the Jag emblem and in both instances you can see the grill thro' the 'plastic' surround to the emblem so it is my hope that I am right in my believe that it was used for the pre-production cars. The XEs that I have seen since has an emblem that is integral with the front grill:

Land vehicle Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Yes, you're indeed correct about the ACC radar. I didn't check, would appear I've been misled - sorry. That does beg the questions, however, where is the ACC placed behind the Jag emblem and what is the dome in the centre inside the windscreen. Perhaps it's an aerial for the sat nav. Anybody have any ideas?

Update: I've noticed that there are 3 grills available for the XE
1. Standard grill
2. Grill for camera
3. Grill for camera & ACC
So I now think you might be right. Don't like that at all. Looks like it could be a plastic Jaguar emblem !!

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm glad someone brought this up. Since seeing the first pictures with the weird Perspex on the grille I wondered what it was. Domes inside the cabin mounted on the dash are normally sensors for the climate control.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Princeofthejungle, sadly, after some research, I'm wrong - the plate is associated with the Adaptive Cruise Control. So as you say it does look 'weird'.

I've also resolved my problem regarding the 'dome' inside the windscreen. It is a light sensor associated with the auto headlights and apparently, which seems strange, incorporated into the climate control to assist in maintaining the temperate relative to the time of day e.g. day or night.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The German guy pointed that out in the long video you posted elsewhere XES. It was on a white car, and showed up more prominently there. It does look a bit 'aftermarket', but I suspect most people wouldn't notice it.
It's this one, at 9.25.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
XES Owner said:
Princeofthejungle & BAIKAR, have you noticed the stuck on rear spoiler on the XE S (at 0:41). What's your opinion?

https://jaguar.dist.sdlmedia.com/Distributions/?f=0567E130-7B19-488A-B450-A50C0E54B7FC&ext=mp4
The small spoiler doesn't bother me but as pointed out in the other video the gap to the rear of it does. I'm sure jaguar has put it in that position for some reason. If I don't like it when I get my car it's coming off. The boot lid already has an upturn to its edge and I think that flows nicely with the lines of the car. I'm quite a clean looking car buyer. I'll also be removing any badges and just leaving the leaper on the boot lid.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I guess you could be right on a darker coloured car. Had a closer look at the rear spoiler on a white XE yesterday. Its a shame really, I think they could have come up with a better solution; probably 'stuck on' like so many of the other bits on the XE. The join gap with the boot lid makes it, as Pickle said, look a bit "aftermarket".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.