Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I have now been lucky enough to have my XE for nearly two weeks and thought that it might be time to upload some photos.

Attached are two photos of my car, which is a bluefire 180 diesel prestige. Completely standard spec apart from the colour.

First thing I have to say is that the colour is amazing. It is the first thing that a lot of people have commented on, and it does look brilliant, especially in the sun!

I have been really impressed by the car. It drives beautifully, being very comfy at slow speeds, but grips and squats when the speed picks up.

I have heard a few negative comments about the interior, but in my opinion is that it is better than its rivals. I demoed the merc 220 and my wife has a BMW, and I think that the jag is better than both - more classy than the merc (I didn't like the screen in the merc that looked like a after-thought), and more interesting (less plain) than the BMW.

So far I have done about 600 miles and the car is averaging 52mpg which I'm pretty happy with, and I'm assuming that this might improve by another few as time goes on.

The entertainment system is very logical and easy to use, and the sat nav has been very good so far. The seats are comfy and today has proved that the air con works well!

The only negatives I've found are that the start/stop can be a little gruff especially when cold, and the stereo takes quite a bit of fiddling with to get the sound balance correct and to get the incoming telephone calls audible above 60mph.

Make no mistake, this is a very good car. I know that it's tough for all of you who are waiting (I waited 6 months), but I can assure you that you'll be very happy when your car arrives............especially if you ordered the bluefire!

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks great Beaney, yes more pics needed to satisfy those who are waiting.

Also thanks for the overview, good to hear comments from those who have taken delivery and to start to get some feedback and opinions coming in.

Is it an auto or manual?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Glad to see you are keeping it nice and shiny :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks great

Did you get free electric seats?

Mines due with 4 weeks possibly 2 so hoping I get the freebie as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've got a Bluefire on order as well and have been somewhat irritated by the fact that Jaguar are shipping Bluefire cars but don't yet have a colour swatch in the showroom of this new colour.

Looks outstanding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks great, I'm picking up an Ammonite grey R-sport this afternoon, but the launch tour car at the local dealer was Bluefire and I'm seriously jealous, that colour is brillaint in the flesh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody I am very pleased with it.

It's an auto and the gearbox is brilliant. Very smooth and the different modes do make a big difference to the driving character of the car.

Regards the seats, they are electric, but I was told in January that electric seats were standard, so not sure why they wouldn't be. The one surprise about the seats is that I ordered the black leather with white stitching, but when it arrived it has brown/tan stitching. To be honest I really like it and prefer it to the White, but was surprised. I asked the dealer why the stitching was different and they said that they think jag must have changed the default after order............sounds like an excuse to me, but as my car was the first at that dealer I have nothing to compare against! As I say though, I love the tan stitching, but might be worth checking what's happening with all of your cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.