Jaguar XE Forum banner

Sports pedals

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hillmangt 
#1 ·
I have been thinking of getting the "sport" pedal covers (emphasis on thinking of). I have searched for others who have done it and see that it can be a right faff. Going back a few years and to the old rubber surrounds on car windows , I am pondering using a piece of string to pull the lip over the pedal as it would pull the seal over the bodywork on old cars. Has anyone any ideas different to fitting these or any suggestions should I go ahead and buy some? I have looked at the JLR fitment instructions and think that they have it incorrectly numbered in the sequence of fitting the brake pedal.

#2 ·
Would it make the car go any better or any easier for you to drive to justify the cost and faff?

#4 ·
Indianajons said:
Fighterpilot said:
I have been thinking of getting the "sport" pedal covers (emphasis on thinking of). I have searched for others who have done it and see that it can be a right faff. Going back a few years and to the old rubber surrounds on car windows , I am pondering using a piece of string to pull the lip over the pedal as it would pull the seal over the bodywork on old cars. Has anyone any ideas different to fitting these or any suggestions should I go ahead and buy some? I have looked at the JLR fitment instructions and think that they have it incorrectly numbered in the sequence of fitting the brake pedal.
Would it make the car go any better or any easier for you to drive to justify the cost and faff?
No, that decides it. That's more money saved. It just shows what a boring day can bring daft ideas to mind. :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
I bought a set on ebay for around £20 and fitted them in 5 minutes. Been on for 2 years now and are better than the oem as there is more grip especially in the wet. I found the oems to be really slippery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.