Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wouldn't mess about anywhere near the airbag, those things are literally explosives looking for an excuse to 'go off'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an update to removal of the radio volume switch.
No need to remove or tamper with the airbag, in fact the remove and replacement was straight forward and took abut 15 minutes.
I purchased a second hand switch unit from ebay.
The worn switch unit was removed from the steering wheel by prising away with a plastic trim removal tool.
This just left the menu OK button in the middle.
I then removed the good switch unit from the second hand one I had purchased by pushing in the 5 clips around the sides.
The good switch unit was then aligned on the steering wheel and pushed in, then pushed start button to confirm all switches were operating, job done.

Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Input device Camera accessory Gadget Font Electronics accessory
Camera accessory Machine Cameras & optics Plastic Auto part

·
Registered
2015 JAGUAR XE R SPORT
8 Posts
Here is an update to removal of the radio volume switch.
No need to remove or tamper with the airbag, in fact the remove and replacement was straight forward and took abut 15 minutes.
I purchased a second hand switch unit from ebay.
The worn switch unit was removed from the steering wheel by prising away with a plastic trim removal tool.
This just left the menu OK button in the middle.
I then removed the good switch unit from the second hand one I had purchased by pushing in the 5 clips around the sides.
The good switch unit was then aligned on the steering wheel and pushed in, then pushed start button to confirm all switches were operating, job done.

View attachment 12387 View attachment 12388 View attachment 12389
Hi,
I have to do the same thing but ii is my Menu button that is poor,
How much did you pay fo the e-bay part but the way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I paid £49 but the unit looks like new. You will have to remove the other buttons before removing the menu button. This makes the menu button easier

I did not use the menu button so you are welcome to have it, just send me your address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts